or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2011 › Crazy sore back.......I'm so ready!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crazy sore back.......I'm so ready!

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Ok so I'm due July 22, and with my last two I was 9 & 12 days late; That was almost 10 years ago. This little one is with a different baby daddy and is a completely different pregnancy. This time around I have had a lot of pain in my pelvis, my upper back (ribs) and my lower back. I hate going to bed since I can't find a comfortable position and end up sleeping on an incline. I can't wait for this little one to arrive so I can actually sleep...lol    

 

I'm hoping that once the baby is here it will relieve the pressure on my pelvis and back and things can start moving back to where they should be. Any suggestions on how to get through the next little while?

post #2 of 7

I don't really know but I will say what I do for back & pelvis pain. I am able to alleviate most discomfort by laying on my left side with a bunch of pillows between my legs, hugging one, under my head, etc. Pillows galore!

 

The other thing, which might sound counter-intuitive, is to keep moving. I find I'm most sore when I don't take walks or keep moving.

 

I hope you feel better. On the homestretch! :)

post #3 of 7

How about seeing a chiro? That might help.

post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 

I have a full body pregnancy pillow, which I love the problem is I can only lie on my side for a short period of time before that side starts to throb. As far as movement I'm a fitness instructor...lol So I do move just not as much as before due to my pelvis starting to separate. I also see a chiro every week. I am thankful that this is not a long time problem, I feel like such a suck since I seemed to sail through my first two pregnancies thumbsuck.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatemama1 View Post

I don't really know but I will say what I do for back & pelvis pain. I am able to alleviate most discomfort by laying on my left side with a bunch of pillows between my legs, hugging one, under my head, etc. Pillows galore!

 

The other thing, which might sound counter-intuitive, is to keep moving. I find I'm most sore when I don't take walks or keep moving.

 

I hope you feel better. On the homestretch! :)



 

post #5 of 7

Ha! So you've done pillows, movement and chiro! Hopefully someone else has some new ideas for you!

 

It seems like every growth spurt or change or something is met with pain then my body gets used to it. Last week I couldn't turn in bed without a snap, crackle, pop and feeling held together by only the bones in my pelvis. But now I can turn pretty ok. It's like the bod just had to get used to the new weight or position of baby. Granted, I still waddle & move slowly. blahblah.gif

 

Anyway, feel better!

post #6 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

I have a full body pregnancy pillow, which I love the problem is I can only lie on my side for a short period of time before that side starts to throb. As far as movement I'm a fitness instructor...lol So I do move just not as much as before due to my pelvis starting to separate. I also see a chiro every week. I am thankful that this is not a long time problem, I feel like such a suck since I seemed to sail through my first two pregnancies thumbsuck.gif
 

 

I could have written this post! I am a personal trainer, but have been unable to work for months because of the difficulty of this pregnancy compared to my previous two. shake.gif 

I think I would be seriously falling apart without weekly chiropractic appointments. I am thankful to be in the home stretch. thumb.gif

 

I make a pillow nest (as my husband calls it) with one between my knees, one behind my back, one under my belly and another under my head.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 

lol, yes I have a full body pregnancy pillow that wraps all around the body, thus creating a nest. Unfortunately lately I have to sleep on an incline, because if I stay on my side two long it starts to throb in my back ribs. I soooooo can't wait for this lo to get herehappytears.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

 

I could have written this post! I am a personal trainer, but have been unable to work for months because of the difficulty of this pregnancy compared to my previous two. shake.gif

I think I would be seriously falling apart without weekly chiropractic appointments. I am thankful to be in the home stretch. thumb.gif

 

I make a pillow nest (as my husband calls it) with one between my knees, one behind my back, one under my belly and another under my head.



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2011 › Crazy sore back.......I'm so ready!