1. What is your first name? heidi
2. How did you choose your screen name? It all started when I was a preteen and obcessed with the comic book tank girl. I then just became infatuated with tanks and when I started my art career painted tanks and my paintings all had tank imagiry in them. People have been calling me tank girl ever since the movie came out too so it has just developed into my online name.
3. Where do you live? Where were you born? I live in western north carolina and I grew up in new hampshire
4. What is one of your favorite books? I love anything by bukowski. I love his drunken ramblings. I actually don't read much nonfiction. I am the type of person who gets into something and really gets into it and reads all about it. My other favorite books right now have to do with veganism and having babies.
5. What are your plans for the birth? I am going to have an all natural midwife assisted hospital birth if all goes as planned. I always thought I would want a home birth and in fact did tons of research on homebirths while TTC. Once I was actually pregnant I realised that I wasn't completely comfortable in my home (it's rented and a lot of the furnature belongs to my landlord,) and I am also not comfortable having a lot of people in my house. I am sort of a private person. I would probably get really anxious if I gave birth in my house so upon meeting my midwives I realised that the hospital around here is very natural birth friendly and that it would be my most comfortable option. I also am very interested in having a water birth and there is many water birth rooms in the hospital as well.
6. Do you have any pets? Yep. I have 2 dogs Lucy (my avatar) a 3 year old american pit bull terrier whom I have had since a pup. We are very in tune with each other. Jake a 3 year old black in color blue heeler/ bully breed mix whom I adopted last summer who is a super cool chill dog.
7. Describe your dream vacation: I have always wanted to spend time in the jungle. I don't know where but somewhere hot and with places to explore and swim.
8. What is your current job? What did you do pre-motherhood? I am a dog groomer. I will hopefully continue to be once this babe is born but I don't have a definate plan on what I will do once that happens. I absolutely LOVE my job. I never thought I would. I worked in a pet store for a long time taking care of the small animals and there was a grooming salon in the store. I always helped the ladies out when they needed it but never thought it would be the career for me. I didn't realise it until I got a job as a receptionist at a grooming salon and saw all that it was and wanted to learn. I am still learning a few of the breed cuts but I caught on pretty quick and love spending my work day surrounded by dogs. I also get to bring my 2 dogs to work with me everyday and they have their little beds in my room and just love it.
9. What are a few things you like to do in your free time? I like to educate myself in the things I am interested in. I knit. I hike. I swim. I teach my dogs new tricks. But lately I have just been sitting on the couch on the internet snuggling with my dogs.
10. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing differently with this baby? What is one thing you want to do the same? This is my first so I can't really answer that question.