My 14 month old son develops large swollen welts from mosquito bites. The reaction usually lasts 24-48 hours, and he doesn't seem bothered by them. They are usually around his mouth and eyes...the last one made his eye swell shut. We have been using Herbal DEET free repellent which works for the most part and calendula gel for relief. Will his body get used to them? What can we do to either eliminate the bites (seemingly impossible since we spend a lot of time outside)? Can we minimize his reaction? Reduce swelling any way? Is it not that big of a deal?
Also, bee allergies run in the family...is his reaction to mosquito bites correlated to bee allergies?
Thanks for your help!