Ok so after battling eczema with my DD, eliminating dairy and gluten, and reintroducing both, it appears we have a gluten issue after having the eczema FLARE within 10 hours of gluten intake but no real reaction to the dairy. So I have notified her ped who made an allergist appointment for go figure 2 months down the road. but there is no way I am letting her eat gluten during this time after seeing her reaction. So I know if we do testing it will likely not show up 2 months from now. So what are my imediate options. With ALCAT they dont do pediatric draws so without going through her doctor its a no go. Are there any finger prick tests that work that I could do at home? I was persistant with her ped about her getting testing done right away but he is washing his hands of it and wants the allergist to do their thing. Its silly they dont atleast take blood right when the allergist is recommended verses waiting til the appointment when you know dern well I am not going to let her eat the thing I think causes a reaction in her and allergists have a long waiting list. GEEZ! Its frustrating!
Let me know if you have any ideas or recomendations.