So I finally got my BFP and want to call my OB practice and make an appointment. I want to see the HB, of course! However, I'm not sure the right place to call. Here's my thoughts, and I can't make sense of them. Maybe you guys can?
1. We're looking at moving about an hour away before my 1st tri is over. Should I even bother calling that OB's office?
2. I'm going to be 37 in a few weeks, which is considered "high risk"at this practice.
3. DS2 has a genetic condition (he's ok) that affected his umbilicus and fluid levels. This baby has a good chance of having the same problem, if s/he inherits the same condition. I was labeled high risk (for good reason) at the end of his pg, and I'm not sure they do "true" high risk there.
4. I don't know if I should just go straight to the maternal-fetal practice at the big hospital about 30 min from the new house? I don't know if I need them or not, since the genetic condition is rare.
5. I am considering just calling my GP, who can maybe recommend one or a regular practice where we're moving? She's going to want to see me anyway.
6. It's possible I'm just overthinking it ;)
Who should I call, I wonder?