Originally Posted by catnip
She will NOT eat curries, chili, veggie burgers, fajita veggies, most sauces, french fries (unless they are sweet potato fries), or lentils.
Your post made me laugh 'cause my toddler loves ALL these things, but won't eat a good half of the things on your LO's "favorites" list. Just goes to show you that all kids' tastes are different! :)
My DD's favorites are:
- pasta in marinara sauce (especially ravioli)
- baked tofu in curries or stews (Usually accompanied by several requests for "more tossu, peez, Mama")
- vegetable soup of any kind (oh, except tomato, she won't touch that)
- fried things, especially potato and corn things like chips or french fries or hush puppies
- Spanish rice or pullao
- fruit in any form
- savory pies
- veggie burgers (and other vegetarian meat substitutes; she loves 'em)
She will tolerate stir-fries (with lots of tofu and rice) and things in alfredo sauce (as long as it's piled high with Parmesan).
Things she won't touch:
- anything with fresh tomatoes
- most salads (pasta salad, tabouli, etc.)
- anything with mayo (potato salad, coleslaw, etc)
I've learned, like the PP, how to pull things she'll eat out of a preparation of something she won't. I'll leave some bulgur wheat and cucumbers out before I mix the tabouli, for example. It's important to me that she learns to like more things, though, so I always include at least a taste of something I know she doesn't like, and encourage her to try it again. Took us a year and a half of trying, but we finally got the kid to eat (and enjoy) hummus. Woo hoo!