We are expecting baby #3 in March, I want to avoid a third c-section, but would it be a wise idea for a UBAC if i'm only 4 months post partum from my second child?
Would this be recommended?
There is a higher risk of uterine rupture in the case of a relatively "fresh" scar. Still not super high, but do your homework and decide. If you can get the operative report from your second C/section, that would probably illuminate if the OB found anything strange with your scar after baby #1. Of course, that doesn't tell you everything (like what it looks like now), but it could be useful. Some people are doing US to check the thickness of the uterine scar during pregnancy when preparing for VBAC--don't know too much about it, but you might want to consider it, I believe the theory is a thicker scar may be better, but again, do some research.
I'd definitely want to do at least frequent doppler self checks in labor, and watch out for strange pain that might suggest rupture (what's it about a 1% chance?), and have a plan for quick transfer if anything happened. With 2 c/s and no vaginal births, your chance of finding a hospital care provider to allow a "trial of labor" is low so it's good to explore all your options, including UC and homebirth with midwives. Shadow care with an OB might be good just in case. I will say I wouldn't bother with laboring at home til last minute then birthing in hospital because your added risks are really just during labor anyway.