or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Ask the Experts › Bob Sears › DTAP question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DTAP question

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

Dr Bob

 

My 4 yr old son was scheduled to get his 5th dtap this coming week. Last week I found a tick attached to him and pulled it off. It was not engorged but we live in NC which has a higher incidence rate of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. His pediatrician told me to watch him for signs of the illness for a month and if he seemed fine after that we are "out of the woods". In your opinion, should we wait until after the month is up to give the DTAP to make sure he has not contracted RMSF or do you think it is ok to go ahead and give him the shot this week?

 

Thanks for your help.

 

post #2 of 3

I would definately wait.

post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the reply Dr. Bob. Do you agree with the month long wait time before giving the shot or should we wait longer? If we should wait longer, what is the time period you suggest?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bob Sears
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Ask the Experts › Bob Sears › DTAP question