or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who's left so far? - Page 3

post #41 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

I'm going to kill the next person who asks me "so?"  "Well?" even "how are you?" could send me over the edge.



I am so with you!  hug2.gif

post #42 of 150

*Good to hear GreenMama!

*And lots of love and thoughts to those of you with husbands away, you are mighty mamas!

*Awallrising, you have been in my labor vibes train a lot, wishing you peace and good birthing visions today.

post #43 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabluz View Post

*Good to hear GreenMama!

*And lots of love and thoughts to those of you with husbands away, you are mighty mamas!

*Awallrising, you have been in my labor vibes train a lot, wishing you peace and good birthing visions today.



Nothing yet- acu told me to go home and rest, eat very lightly and then jump rope as well as take a walk so that's my plan for the day.............9 days overdue and counting................

post #44 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rducky View Post

greenmama - that sounds positive!

 

Wish me luck, I'm going for my first acupuncture in about half an hour!



I hope it  works for you! I have my 5th appointment tomorrow morning.

post #45 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

I am so depressed today at the thought of another C-section. I have until next Tues to get him out though (I can't be induced).  I am just ready to burst into tears today or I'm going to kill the next person who asks me "so?"  "Well?" even "how are you?" could send me over the edge.



Oh dear- hugs.........why can't you be induced? I am also ready to kill/have breakdowns etc; if that makes you feel any better- this is getting old already.

post #46 of 150
Thread Starter 
Amy ~ Can you just decline the c/s? If the only reason for one is because you are 42w, could you insist on weekly or biweekly NSTs instead and as long as baby and placenta are fine just keep cooking?

When I was pg with ds2 and planning my VBAC, the docs wanted to induce me at 39w because of GD (which I didn't really have but that's another story). I refused but did agree to weekly NSTs just so they wouldn't give me a hard time. I was eventually induced at 41w1d. I know many will say it's too dangerous to be induced if you've had a c/s but that's not always the case. Look into it.You may be able to try that instead of a RCS, if you are willing.

My VBAC induction was back in 2004 but, from what I read, induction is only more dangerous with a VBAC if they use prostaglandin gels to try to ripen the cervix. Otherwise, there's no higher risk of uterine rupture than any other vaginal birth assuming you have an internal lower ab incision. I just had pitocin. I think it took longer than the docs liked but it worked. One doc wanted to break my water and insert an internal monitor so she could up my pitocin dose but I refused. Whew, did she get mad! lol.gif

I did have problems with hemorrahging after birth but that was because my uterus was too exhausted to contract enough to stop itself, not from uterine rupture. That was a risk of pitocin induction that I wasn't informed of. Apparently, they usually use pitocin after birth to stop hemorrahging if the uterus needs help contracting. However, if you've had pitocin during labor, they can't give you any more after birth because it won't do any good. So, one more thing to consider, maybe.

greenmama ~ Jump rope?! I think that would hurt!
post #47 of 150

I cannot be induced b/c I had a prior C/S (not sure if that's my MWs, the hospital or what but it ain't happening).  I think 42w is the absolute limit.  At 42w with DS everything was fine, 42w2d the baby's heart rate was dropping during my NST, so I was induced that night but DS went into distress when I started having contractions, then the Emer C/S.  Turns out in 48 hrs (between my 42w Biophysical profile & my 42w2d NST) my amniotic fluid completely disappeared, which there is absolutely no explanation for since my fluid levels were great & I didn't leak a drop.  I definitely do not want to have a baby in distress again so I will just have the C-section at 42w.  I don't think my MWs back-up Dr will allow me to go past 42w either.

 

I had a super quick C/S recovery, but I feel like I wasn't conscious for the birth.  I was so disappointed to not have my water birth last time, I was sure it'd happen this time.  I was an overdue baby & my Mom's cervix never dilated, maybe it's hereditary?  Or maybe there's another reason for all of this.

 

Maybe I won't puke up castor oil this Saturday (like I did with DS) & it'll work.  Going to make DH have sex tonight or tomorrow or both!  The thought of sex is totally unappealing though.

 

DS was fine, I was fine so I will just have to be ok with whatever happens, right?

 

Keep sending those positive vibes.  dust.gif

 

 

 

 

 

post #48 of 150
Thread Starter 
Ah, gotcha, Amy. Maybe it was the emergency c/s that precludes you from a VBAC induction. I've read that if it's an emergency the incision usually runs vertically the length of the uterus. You can't be induced if you had that kind of incision. You're probably sick of being asked that, too. Sorry.

I don't think I could keep castor oil down. Good luck with that. I sure hope you go into labor before your 42w mark but, if you don't, you're right. In the end, you have to accept whatever is.
post #49 of 150
Thread Starter 
Just out of curiosity I decided to calculate my edb based on my lmp vs. my ovulation/conception date. Based on my lmp, my edb is this Sunday, the 24th. That's only 3 days away. Based on my ovulation date, my edb is the 30th, which is 6 days later. If I remember correctly, I think my MW had originally mentioned 7/26. I didn't pay much attention because I was set on the 30th. So now I have 3 possible edbs. lol.gif
post #50 of 150

I have a nice neat low incision so that's not it.  Just may be the protocol for the Dr, hospital or who knows why.  If I'm dilated enough they could give me a tiny bit of Pit, but they won't do Cervadil or something like that.  My MWs would let me go over 42w so it's something beyond their power.  Depending on when he can do surgery, I may be able to go an extra day or two.

 

Marinewife- I would go by the ovulation date, then again a few days either way doesn't matter.  With DS I had a MW insist on using my LMP even though I had IVF & knew the exact DOC.  I got rid of her for that & other reasons.

 

I just keep hoping that I go into labor between now & then...that's 4-5 days so anything is possible.

post #51 of 150
Thread Starter 
Well, I think the ACOG has changed their position on VBACs in general since I had my first. Also, I was at a military hospital where the docs don't have to be concerned with malpractice insurance and being sued. You could always just not show up for the c/s. Not like they're going to come to your home and drag you to the hospital in shackles for surgery. Of course, I can understand why you'd rather do it by that point based on your history.

Yeah, I'm still going with my O date edb. The only problem is that I have to figure out when my mom should come since I'm the only adult here right now. She was originally planning to come on the 27th. I talked to her today and we decided she'll come this weekend instead jic.
post #52 of 150

I can't imagine jumping rope right now....

 

My EDD by LMP would have been 7/18, but by ovulation it's 7/24.  I'm glad that my midwife agrees with me on that!

 

Acupuncture today was interesting.  I was having tightening feelings every 3 minutes in her office while the needles were in.  She seemed pretty positive, but did say that we could go in again on Monday if nothing has happened by then.  The tightenings are not really painful but I have been having more crampy/back pain feelings in the last few hours.  This afternoon and evening, the tightening/contractions were happening about 6-10 minutes apart.

 

I totally agree with everybody who said that they're gonna go nuts if one more person asks if they've had a baby yet...

post #53 of 150
7/30 here and not much action except some random braxton hicks and some daily loss of mucous plug. I suspect I'm probably a little dilated but know it doesn't matter if I'm closed or 4 unless there are some rockin contractions to go with them. I'm slowly finally getting ready for baby. I'm such a procrastinator! I keep reading my favorite book over and over (Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering) and it gives me a little inner strength, which is good because sometimes I try to imagine the whole thing and wonder if I'll be able to do it. DS was a hossy/epidural birth so... We'll see!!!
post #54 of 150
i'm still waiting. EDD is 7/26, but my first baby was born three days "early," so this newbaby has two days to go if he follows suit.

i am feeling pretty at-capacity. today i had some waves of backache and pelvic pressure too uncomfortable to be braxton hick, but nothing regular, just off and on. a couple in one hour and then nothing for a while.
post #55 of 150
Thread Starter 
Jenica ~ You can do it!

I've been trying to make sure I've got all my birth supplies and have them ready to go. I get overwhelmed and confused easily so it's hard for me to keep track of what I've done. I think I'm pretty much ready. I need a large trash can but can't decide if I should buy one or if I can use the one I have. I need a 2nd diaper pail so I'm trying to figure out if I could get something to use for both. The diaper pail needs to have something for odor control, though, because it will be in a downstairs, main area of my house.

I'm getting really perturbed because I decided to order some sitz bath herbs at the last minute. I ordered them from a business on amazon late last week or over the weekend. I got an email from amazon saying that my card hadn't been charged because we hadn't gotten a shipping notice from the business yet. According to my bank account, though, the money was already taken out. I've emailed the seller twice and gotten no response. I'm not so worried about the money. It's not a lot and I can get it back. But, I need those herbs now. If I have to order from somewhere else, I may have to pay excessive overnight shipping. irked.gif
post #56 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post


I'm getting really perturbed because I decided to order some sitz bath herbs at the last minute. I ordered them from a business on amazon late last week or over the weekend. I got an email from amazon saying that my card hadn't been charged because we hadn't gotten a shipping notice from the business yet. According to my bank account, though, the money was already taken out. I've emailed the seller twice and gotten no response. I'm not so worried about the money. It's not a lot and I can get it back. But, I need those herbs now. If I have to order from somewhere else, I may have to pay excessive overnight shipping. irked.gif


That's annoying.  I've noticed that I have almost zero patience for problems like that since being pregnant.  I hope you get it sorted out.

 

post #57 of 150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rducky View Post




That's annoying.  I've noticed that I have almost zero patience for problems like that since being pregnant.  I hope you get it sorted out.

 


Thanks. I sent my 2nd email to the seller yesterday through Amazon. I said I would report them if I didn't hear back today and I've got nothing. So, I'm off to Amazon to try to figure out how to report them and get my money back.
post #58 of 150
thanks for the encouragement! I know I can do it, it's just the unknown. smile.gif I bounce between just being exhausted (I'm trying to stock the house and keep it clean so all is done for birthing day) and giddy with excitement. I dont feel like I'm going to deliver any day soon, but with DS it just came on all the sudden after no contractions ever so who knows! I work this weekend- 2 12 hrs shifts. so I'll be worn out for Monday then work Tuesday then be off for week 39 so hopefully baby will come before I have to go back to work on 40+3. I dont have to go back to work, I can start leave when ever, but I want every last drop of time afterwards so I'm planning to work until the end. I'm mostly worried if my extra help around the house is actually going to come through. My sister is 25, newlywed, and building a house so she's pretty flaky. On the up side, the friend of one of my patients on Wed was there taking lots of pictures and I mentioned how I wished I could have lots of actually good photos during labor and delivery but that the photographer I liked who does birth photography is on vacation until I'm 41 weeks. She volunteered happily to come, so I might just take her up on it.
(sorry for rambling...)
So if Kristi (photographer friend of my patient) comes to take pictures, which is why I mostly wanted my sister there, and my co-worker who is a midwife's assistant (and actually a non currently practicing MW herself) comes to be my labor support (sis not good at that)- Do I actually want my sister even there?? I'm mostly just thinking outloud but I cant really imagine wanting tons of people around. My midwife has a student and an apprentice with her so there's 3 right there, me, hubby, maybe photographer, probably support person, and maybe sister. sounds like a lot to me and I'm thinking I'm mostly going to want to be left alone. plus I dont want to have to worry about hosting everyone. I know its not expected but still. Maybe I'll just call my sister a little too late for her to make it- it's at least 2 hrs from the time I call til she'd be here. WWYD?
again... sorry for rambling!!!
post #59 of 150
Thread Starter 
Jenica ~ Do you have someone other than your dh to take care of your other child? That's the only thing I don't see covered. If not, then it might be a good idea to have your sister there for that. That way your dh won't have to leave you alone to attend to your other child.
post #60 of 150
yea. the plan is for his mom who is 20 mins away to come get him. I haven't figured out what to do if it's in the middle of the night though. I dont want my MIL in the house just hanging around in case DS woke up. But I wouldn't want to wake DS up in the middle of the night either. but I think waking him up to send him off might be better for me labor wise than worrying that he might wake up or need attending.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2011