or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Near Sharon, CT?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

We live in NY but right next to Sharon, CT. Just looking for other mommas in the area! We just moved here and don't know anyone.

post #2 of 15

What a great area! I used to go to camp in Sharon every summer, love it. When I volunteer there, we always hit Four Brothers Pizza right over the border in NY at the end of the week after the kids go home - SO yummy!! Unfortunately, everyone I know there either has no kids or has older kids, so I can't be of help in connecting you with people. Have you connected with Mindful Village? It's a group of crunchy CT families, and if I remember right, there may be a couple of families out towards you? www.mindfulvillage.org is the site. Best of luck!!!

 

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Thank you so much! I will have to take a look into that!

 

I live right near that Four Brothers - they're delicious!!

post #4 of 15

Hi Futuremamaheather- I was wondering if the camp you are  referring to is Silver Lake? I used to go there a long time ago and was on staff one summer.

post #5 of 15

Hi Momct - yup, that's the place, I loved it there. I went as a kid, was on Camp Family for a summer, and have returned as an adult to dean and counsel.  When were you there?

 

Crrrunchberrie - Mindful Village is great, at the very least, you'll be able to hook up with some more local-ish folks online. Many of the in person get togethers happen in the Hartford area, and in fact there is an all day BBQ gathering happening in about two weeks at Wickham Park in Manchester CT. It would be a hike for you, but perhaps it would be worth it for some face time with some super nice crunchy folks :-) Let me know if you want more details.

post #6 of 15

Futuremamaheather, I am probably a lot older than you .I was on Camp Family in 1974.They must have run out of room on the ceiling for names by now.

post #7 of 15

You are indeed - that was the summer I turned 1! lol.gif I was on Camp Family in 1989. I think they still were doing the names on the ceiling until recently though. There was talk of tearing down Camp Family Cabin recently, though as far as I know that hasn't happened yet. Someone who was there this spring/summer took pictures of the lists of names and posted them on Facebook. Did you know that Alden Tyrol died recently? There's a group on Facebook with lots of wonderful stories about him, if you wanted to go read them. He was quite a character wink1.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by momct View Post

Futuremamaheather, I am probably a lot older than you .I was on Camp Family in 1974.They must have run out of room on the ceiling for names by now.


Sorry to have hijacked your thread Crrrunchberrie!

 

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 

Haha, no problem! Small world <3

post #9 of 15

when is the wickham park thing in manchester? i'd like to meet other crunchy moms too..i'm in torrington, ct

post #10 of 15

PMed you Emmy.... and maybe you and Crrrrunchberrie should try to get together! Torrington and Sharon aren't TOOOO far apart!

post #11 of 15


is that a group on here? or a another net working site? i need more gf...:{

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

What a great area! I used to go to camp in Sharon every summer, love it. When I volunteer there, we always hit Four Brothers Pizza right over the border in NY at the end of the week after the kids go home - SO yummy!! Unfortunately, everyone I know there either has no kids or has older kids, so I can't be of help in connecting you with people. Have you connected with Mindful Village? It's a group of crunchy CT families, and if I remember right, there may be a couple of families out towards you? www.mindfulvillage.org is the site. Best of luck!!!

 



 

post #12 of 15

It's a natural parenting group that is CT based. I know there are some families in eastern CT, but I can't remember if there are any in the norwich area.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrah skye View Post


is that a group on here? or a another net working site? i need more gf...:{



 



 

post #13 of 15


i joined!!!! hard to get around the site though. ant find the link to go and pay the yearly membership either...:\

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

It's a natural parenting group that is CT based. I know there are some families in eastern CT, but I can't remember if there are any in the Norwich area.
 



 



 

post #14 of 15

Did you use the same user name? I can ask a membership person to see if you got stuck somewhere. It shouldn't be any harder to navigate than this site is, as it's the same basic structure - just click the discuss tab on the home page. And the initial membership is free - can't remember how long, 90 days maybe? So you shouldn't have to pay anything to access the site, just sign up.

post #15 of 15

idk...couldn't get around the site last time i check..gots to do school work.....
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

Did you use the same user name? I can ask a membership person to see if you got stuck somewhere. It shouldn't be any harder to navigate than this site is, as it's the same basic structure - just click the discuss tab on the home page. And the initial membership is free - can't remember how long, 90 days maybe? So you shouldn't have to pay anything to access the site, just sign up.



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home