or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Ask the Experts › Bob Sears › Follow up DTAP question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Follow up DTAP question

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 

Dr Bob

 

In regards to the question below, do you think that a month is long enough to wait or do you suggest waiting even longer to get the dtap after this tick incident? If so, how long do suggest?

 

Thanks Dr Bob.

 

 

 

 

My question:

 

Dr Bob

 

My 4 yr old son was scheduled to get his 5th dtap this coming week. Last week I found a tick attached to him and pulled it off. It was not engorged but we live in NC which has a higher incidence rate of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. His pediatrician told me to watch him for signs of the illness for a month and if he seemed fine after that we are "out of the woods". In your opinion, should we wait until after the month is up to give the DTAP to make sure he has not contracted RMSF or do you think it is ok to go ahead and give him the shot this week?

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Your answer:

 

I would definately wait.

 

 

 

post #2 of 2

I would wait until it's certain there is no lyme disease.  I forget the incubation period of Lyme - you could probably find that out on the CDC website.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bob Sears
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Ask the Experts › Bob Sears › Follow up DTAP question