Hello All :)
The 2 month appt is near approaching for us. I am not looking for debates just info We are selective/ Delaying vaccines. We are not doing Hep B and Rotovirus...I am waiting on Polio so that just leaves hib/ prevnar and dtap. My ped says that since I want to spread them out to wait on dtap. He said i should do hib/prevnar but that these two are the ones that have the greater risk of side effect...so I have decided to only do 1 at a time. However, I cannot decided which one to do first. The schedule will be to do these 3 at alternating appts with dtap being the last to start. Would you do hib or prevnar first? Why? Can someone tell me which one of these 2 has the greater side effect risks or more serious side effects. I keep thinking I will do hib first because it is the more serious dieses from my understanding however, I hear that prevnar is more common...my deciding factor I think is going to be which one is the safer then the other. Is there any benefit to waiting uptil 3 mo or 4 mos to start them instead of starting at 2mo. I read that these 2 are most common to hit babies under 6mos so it wouldn't make sense to do the vaccine if I planned to wait until that time? Let me know if this info is false
other senario? Would you ever give hib/prevnar together at one visit? I really dont think I feel comfortable doing this but, I was just wondering what people think about it and if splitting them up by 1 month is going to make that big of a difference.
Thank you!! Megan