I am a personal chef, and one of my clients owed me for 3 weeks of work before going away for another 2 weeks herself, leaving me to cook for her husband and son. I asked her to leave me a check before she left for the 3 weeks, and since they will be vacationing for a month as soon as she comes home, to mail me a check for the 2 weeks she was gone. I feel that this was quite generous of me, since our deal is that I'm paid weekly.
She left the check, but with the request that I wait "a few days" before depositing it, since a wire hadn't come through for her and she had insufficient funds. I had one of her checks bounce about 1.5 months ago and she pretty quickly reimbursed me plus the fee. Anyway, her husband keeps asking me to not cash it yet since the wire still hasn't come through. It's now been 2 weeks that I have had that check, and I'm increasingly worried about her mailing me another check (will she?) There is the possibility that we'll be parting ways after this month anyway, since her son is going to college, I'm due in October, and it's a long drive for me (which up until now has been worth it.)
Part of me wants to blow off today (my last delivery) because I feel so unsure about how this is going to play out. I could call in sick or something. What would you do? She's been a pretty good customer until lately. I feel like I have given as much rope out as possible. TIA.