• Have you had (or planned) a homebirth before?
I planned two home-births which ended in hospital births -- Going for #3 and hoping 3rd time's the charm!
• If yes, are you seeing the same midwife as before?
I have a new midwife this time around :) So far I'm loving her!
My old midwife was great too though, but she can't come out this far anymore, and honestly I think she might feel bad that my last two with her ended in transfers :(
• If you've had a homebirth before, what was your favorite thing that you had, and what did you wish that you would have had?
For my first baby, i didn't even get to labor at home, I pretty much had a forced induction because I was 42 weeks. I HATE FLORIDA
For my second I labored at home until it was time to push and had to transfer last minute to stop the birth due to allergic reaction and severe cervical swelling. I got lucky though and got an awesome on call OB there that was all for home birth so I had a natural birth with no restrictions on positions or anything at all. He too had been born at home.
My labor experience at home was amazing. If you're planning a home birth I will absolutely suggest that you get a BIRTHING TUB.
• If you haven't had a homebirth before, what are you most looking forward to?
Actually giving birth at home would be nice!
• Do you have any fears that you feel you need to work through?
Like all expecting mothers you always hope everything is well with the baby and that he/she doesn't need anything other than your boob lol But that is a fear no matter what setting I give birth in. I'm actually a lot more concerned and afraid of giving birth in the hospital.