An attempt at a quick background/summary of things to consider--
- We've been having trouble in our marriage that we can't seem to resolve, mostly due to being so busy, so tired, losing the spark, lack of connection, emotional support, his job keeps him away from our family, etc. So he's hoping this gets us some good time together.
- We have a 2yo and an 8 week old.
- DH has a pretty good job-- very good pay that enables me to SAH, full benefits, 401K, etc, HOWEVER he works long hours and travels once or twice a quarter, and locations for this job are not near family or friends.
- We have money from DH's grandfather who passed away...this is what we'd use to live on while on the road. We'd still have a cushion of some funds after the two years are complete, just no guaranteed job.
- DH's uncle owns an RV dealership, so we might be able to get a deal.
- DH is 40 and I'm almost 33, so we're not totally young.
The biggest sticking point is that we have two kids and we're worried that giving up the good pay will ruin their future if we can't find something good at the end of the two years.
WWYD? Should we do it? Is there anything to consider that I'm missing?