or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2012 › How much weight have you gained?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How much weight have you gained? - Page 2

post #21 of 119

Not that I'm against weight gain what-so-ever, but if you don't eat enough you're not going to deny the baby nutrients. You actually deny yourself. The baby will steal from your body reserves to get what it needs.

post #22 of 119

I'm 18 weeks and I've gained 10lbs! :D 

post #23 of 119

Oh my I am 17 weeks and I've gained about 16lbs. before pregnancy I had a dramatic weight loss of over 45lbs so I'm not liking the scale climbing however its fun not to be dieting!

 

post #24 of 119

Finally got all the numbers in, from the last two prenatal appointments and my own records, and I have gained (drumroll please) ONE pound. eep!  Turns out at my first prenatal appointment I was six pounds under my normal, pre-pregnancy weight, from all the weeks of being ridiculously nauseated all the time (seriously, why was it "morning" sickness if I was puking all day and all night?). On the one hand, the meager overall weight gain is discouraging. On the other hand, I gained seven pounds this last month, between checkups, so probably I'll catch up. The weird part is, my waist and belly measurements have consistently gone up, never down, so... something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?

post #25 of 119


This made me LOL.  I can relate.  I can't remember anything... even simple words.  I end up describing what I mean.  I was going to give an example of a funny convo I had with DH yesterday about that very thing, but I can't remember it either. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

 something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?



 

post #26 of 119

I'm 19 weeks and I've gained about 20lbs. I started out a little underweight though, and I'm nursing a toddler. I've just been eating what I need so I'm not really concerned about it.

post #27 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunteater View Post

Finally got all the numbers in, from the last two prenatal appointments and my own records, and I have gained (drumroll please) ONE pound. eep!  Turns out at my first prenatal appointment I was six pounds under my normal, pre-pregnancy weight, from all the weeks of being ridiculously nauseated all the time (seriously, why was it "morning" sickness if I was puking all day and all night?). On the one hand, the meager overall weight gain is discouraging. On the other hand, I gained seven pounds this last month, between checkups, so probably I'll catch up. The weird part is, my waist and belly measurements have consistently gone up, never down, so... something else must be shrinking to compensate. My brain maybe?


Even with my weight loss I've still been growing consistently (and more than I'd expect honestly!) and so the midwife says there's nothing to worry about. :-D

 

post #28 of 119

I'm at 15 lbs. over my pre-baby weight, and boy can I feel it!  My DH is always pointing out how I'm grunting and huffing, but so would he if someone strapped 15 lbs. to his front!  The other day we were in San Francisco, and his mom called.  When she heard where we were, she said (unbeknownst to me): "Say hello to the sea lions."  DH turned to me and said: "My mother says hi."  Only later did I find out I had just been called a sea lion... But I had to laugh, because honestly, I did feel a little like those sea lions. :)

post #29 of 119

I'm finally gaining some weight! I'm still 3 below my starting weight, but it's definitely a start! We'll see what the midwife says tomorrow.

post #30 of 119
Thread Starter 

I'm 19 weeks and have gained 4lbs now.  I feel like it's going to start coming on quickly!

post #31 of 119

At 19.5 weeks I've still only gained about 5-7lbs... I feel like that's not enough, but baby is growing fine and I'm even measuring a bit large for dates (both baby and fundal height are further along). .

post #32 of 119

I'm still at my initial weight, after gaining 4 pounds initially, then losing 6. I'm hoping to start putting on more weight soon, but I still continue to have some eating issues. I see the MW next week. We'll see what she says. My bump is definitely growin.

post #33 of 119

Now I am just down 10lbs after gaining 3lbs in the last 2 weeks. Eating is getting MUCH easier now. Yay!

post #34 of 119

I am 18 weeks and down 15 pounds. I'm going to discuss it with my midwife at my next visit, I'm concerned that I've lost so much now.

post #35 of 119

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanSprout Mama View Post

I am 18 weeks and down 15 pounds. I'm going to discuss it with my midwife at my next visit, I'm concerned that I've lost so much now.

 

My midwife said if the baby is growing fine, there's nothing to worry about. She told me about one of her daughters that loses 25 lbs every pregnancy and still has 8.5 lb babies (and then goes on to gain all the weight back immediately after). Not to say that you shouldn't still talk to your midwife, but just some reassurance in the mean time.
 

 

post #36 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Quote:

 

My midwife said if the baby is growing fine, there's nothing to worry about. She told me about one of her daughters that loses 25 lbs every pregnancy and still has 8.5 lb babies (and then goes on to gain all the weight back immediately after). Not to say that you shouldn't still talk to your midwife, but just some reassurance in the mean time.
 

 


Thanks, I appreciate it!  I'm not terribly worried but just want to discuss it with her.  The baby seems to be growing fine. I gained around 25 with my last baby and 40+ with my other two, so it's just very weird to actually be below my pre-pregnancy weight at almost halfway through.

 

post #37 of 119

I'm 21 weeks and have gained about 5 1/2 lbs--my midwife says this is still right on track, although seems low to me! I think I'm on track for a 25 lb gain overall at this rate.

post #38 of 119

^^^ I'm 22 weeks and 5 lbs so just about the same as you.  But babe is measuring spot on and I'm not wasting away and the OB said "perfect" so I'm not stressing.  It's not like I can fit any more food in my stomach at this point anyway.  

post #39 of 119

I've got all y'all beat.  I'm 21 weeks and I've gained 26 (!) pounds.  I'm 5'11" and only weighed 140 before I got pregnant, so I'm actually still within a healthy weight range for my height.  It's super weird having a butt and hips, but somehow size 4 maternity jeans fit.  I think it's got to be vanity sizing.

post #40 of 119

At 20 weeks, I'm 20 lbs. over my pre-pregnancy weight (which was 145 lbs. at 5'10").  The funniest thing is that if you look at me from the back or straight from the front, you can't tell I've gained a pound.  But then I turn sideways and Holy Moly!  I'm all boobs (38DD!!!) and belly.  Thank goodness DH has stopped obsessing about my weight gain... It doesn't surprise me that I've gained this much; my mom gained over 60 lbs. with each of her pregnancies, and she's normally stick thin!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: January 2012
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › January 2012 › How much weight have you gained?