I prob only have half a min with two hands but here goes!
We are doing great! Taking Finn tmw am to the ped for his first visit. He had his PKU and assesment today. My mw was a little concerned with a rash he has, and wants the ped to take a look. She's just not comfortable saying it's nothing but doesn't exactly think it's anything either. Have to take him regardless so might as well be tmw. Should be fine. I'm ready to leap in front of anyone that wnats to touch his penis! Ha! That's what I'm most nervous aobut, silly isn't it?
When he was born they collected his blood for his genetic testing and it's all been sent out. The PKU test should cross and we'll prob get results from that before the genetic test are even done. We shall see. He has a 75% chance of flagging the galactosemia screen. If we don't hear from the state at all...well, then we know he's in that 25% chance he's not even a carrier! HOping for good news all around there.
Finn is amazing. I'm absolutely in love. He's nursing great and my milk is already starting to tingle in. He's had 3 meconium poops so far and a few pees, and some stinky farts so I think things are processing well. I'm happy with how that's all going. He's got a few moments of alert time during the day which is fun. Gives Nora a chance to see him not on the bewb or sleeping! LOL!
His skin is very very dry. MW rec massaging him with grapeseed oil. I think it's b/c he was so well cooked and had NO vernix when he was born. He's just so so dry!! It's heartbreaking. LOL!
I started taking my placenta capsules today. So far....so good. Everything is just falling into place and we are grooving.