As some of you know, we have been struggling with mold in the house. We were out of the house for 10 months last year and we thought we had it all remediated when we moved back in.
When we moved back in, our DS became sick again with coughing and sinus problems. We got a mold report and they found mold - The basement was the one place that hadn't been worked on. We put *loads* of money into fixing the basement. .
The basement is mostly done, but last month we had a few humid weeks and now parts of the house are smelling "musty". It's making my DS sniffly and it's making me cough and a little congested - I also get headaches..
We don't even know where the musty smell is coming from, but obviously there is mold somewhere seeing as my DS and myself are sick. Maybe it will be cooler when the baby comes, but I'm not sure I want to take that chance.
I really wanted a home birth, but I may have to cancel it. Problem is, we will be bringing the baby back here anyway whether we have a home birth or not. My midwife isnt connected with any birthing centers so if I decided not to birth at home it would have to be at the hospital. I'm really disappointed. I don't know how dangerous it is to birth a baby at home with mold, especially since we will be bringing him back here anyway.
Does any one have advice, or - what would you do? Would you cancel the home birth?
Edited by Thing1Thing2 - 8/9/11 at 2:46pm