We're new here but our DS (3) is now on a waitlist for a dual evaluation of speech and autism. The wait for an evaluation is now 4-6 months, but she hinted that were some scheduling shuffles in Sept. and we might not have to wait the whole 4-6 months but no promises of course.
How do you wait and keep a balance? DH is already trying to 'coach' DS and I can tell that's going to drive me crazy!
Also, since DS is 3 so this sort of a general question. If we are seeing things now with his speech and the autism spectrum, how does it change/could it change in the next year? I know that's a really general question; we def. have some sensory issues which is how we ended up with the eval. appt., tiptoe walking & some rocking (but not all the time) def. in his own world with what he talks about and plays, social things - he doesn't really 'get' how to interact with people (esp. children) but def. wants to so he'll be too loud, run through and not be able to follow the game etc and some occupational things but his speech is a big thing - he repeats a lot, doesn't answer or do conversations a lot but he does talk - usually playing out a book or storyline that he's seen, he talks as if he's been talked to and stuff like that.