School starts next Wed for my girls and now I keep second guessing myself if I made the right decision for DD2. She is 4, her birthday is in Oct, the cut off date here is Oct 1st so she missed it. They attend a very small crunchy private school. She went to preschool there some last year, she started last fall 2 days a week, that lasted a month. She did fine at school, but had a lot of behaviors outside of school that lead me to believe she wasn't ready so I pulled her out. She went back in Feb and finished out the school year there. She was always fine there but never wanted to go, and would wake up every day asking if it was a preschool day or not. There were 3 of them in the class that just missed the cut off, they gave us the options to go to K this year but they would have to do K for 2 years to make it work legally.
I declined. The other parents went for it so DD2 will now will the oldest and biggest (big girl to begin with) kid in the preschool by far. My thinking was that she would use another year hanging out with the classroom chickens, baking bread, playing, etc... instead of doing school work and I didn't think she was ready for 5 days a week. We are paying for 4 full days of preschool with the intent of sending her 3-4 a week.
Just last week I was notified that they changed preschool teachers. The old teacher will now be the K room assisting the main K teacher. The new teacher I know, but DD2 really doesn't. Her style is very different form the old one, more structured, less free play, no baking bread, and all the little things that I had loved about the preschool. While the new teacher is nice, she isn't the old one that I loved and I'm not sure how DD2 will feel about her. Now I am regretting not sending her on to K. She adores the K teacher, wanted to be in that room last year. They send the PK kids in a few times a week for stories and songs and they always had to pry her away from the K teacher, she really likes her. As much as I liked the old preschool teacher and her style, DD2 didn't always mesh with her, so she could do just fine with this new teacher even though I'm sad about it. K is also a lot cheaper then preschool. She could go and not attend every day, they have done that in the past with other kids especially since she would repeat K. They are full for K, but the teacher has a habit of taking extra kids especially for established families so they might still take her if I asked. I don't want to ask unless I've decided this is what I want to do.
Any thoughts? I've been going round and round with this for a week now, and am getting no where in my mind!