or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › Belly wrapping post pregnancy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Belly wrapping post pregnancy

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

So my baby is 2 weeks old and I've been wrapping my belly everyday. I have also started to wrap my hips but not as much...yet. I still have 5lbs to lose, and this is baby number 3. So here is what I've noticed, my stomach still has a a bit of a pouch and the skin is flabby but for having a baby just two weeks ago I think its pretty good. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants (it depends on the cut). Anyone who has seen me has remarked that they can't believe I just gave birth. So I definitely think its helping. With my last 2 pregnancies it took about 9 months for my hips to go back to pre-pregnancy size. I'm hoping if I keep it up I'll be back to my size when my little one is 2 months old. Besides what have I got to lose other than some inches...lol

post #2 of 20

I have been. My favorite part was the awful no good after pains stopped as soon as I started wearing it! I did not start until 24 hours after Kendra was born. She is 6 days now and i think i look pretty darn good. I have not even tried anything on but sweats and I know my hips are still pretty wide, but aside from a little pooch up high my tummy is pretty flat and I notice even when I take it off to shower that I am holding my core in. I did not buy a binder though, it is just a piece of fabric and I am not sure how much i will wear it around in public, although it will be a couple more weeks until I really have to do more than pick DD up from school.

post #3 of 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

So here is what I've noticed, my stomach still has a a bit of a pouch and the skin is flabby but for having a baby just two weeks ago I think its pretty good. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants (it depends on the cut). Anyone who has seen me has remarked that they can't believe I just gave birth. So I definitely think its helping.

 

Same here! My husband is stunned at the difference. thumb.gif  I'm using Shrinkx Hips and an elastic abdominal binder. I am thrilled with the results so far.

post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

 

Same here! My husband is stunned at the difference. thumb.gif  I'm using Shrinkx Hips and an elastic abdominal binder. I am thrilled with the results so far.


That's good to know! I bought the shrinkx hips and an elastic binder from motherhood. I'm hoping they work for me too!smile.gif
post #5 of 20
I was super pleased with mine too. I took it off today because i am dealing with some sacrum pain (sunny-side up!) and it was making it worse, but overall it feels SO much better with it on!!
post #6 of 20
So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later? My son was born about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I haven't done any binding. My stomach is very poochy and flabby. I'd really like to do something to help get it back to normal. Is it too late for me?
post #7 of 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later?

 

The hormone relaxin stays in your system for about six weeks after birth. That's your window of opportunity. Go for it!
 

 

post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later?

The hormone relaxin stays in your system for about six weeks after birth. That's your window of opportunity. Go for it!





Thanks!
post #9 of 20

Is it comfortable to sit with the binder on?  I bought the medela one but couldn't stand how the velcro dug into my skin, and no way could I sit.  Not very useful when half or more of the day is spent sitting nursing!  LMK.  Thanks!

post #10 of 20

Mine is comfortable.

post #11 of 20

Can you guys tell me more about Shrinkx Hips ?? The amazon reviews are mixed and I am wondering if it can be too good to be true? Have you all had a positive experience with it? Also, how long (per day) did you wear it when you got good results?

post #12 of 20

What are you girls using to bind your belly? Last time I tried with an ACE badage and didn't see a difference...I stopped using it after about 2 weeks because it just felt think under shirts and kept riding up when I sat down...... Would love to try it again but with something else....

post #13 of 20
I bought the cheaper version from Motherhood and it's very comfortable. The elastic doesn't bunch, it holds things in (which makes all that sag hurt less) and makes my tummy look flatter (haha) Well worth the $11 I spent!

Here is the one I use:
http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=914950113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

I got it on clearance at the outlet!
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 

Here is a link to various kinds of binding that are more comfortable and attractive.

 

http://www.hourglassangel.com/

 

I went to a local store and found something similar to the hourglass angel slim vest and I love it.

post #15 of 20

Do you guys just use the belly binder during the day or is it something you sleep in? Silly question, I know! Also, how snug do you make the fit?

 

I had an 11.3 pound baby and am really wanting to help get my stomach back into shape.

 

Thanks!

post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 

Wow, that is one big baby! Congratulations. As far as wrapping your belly I wrap mine whenever I can. I often wear it to bed and I also try to get it as tight as possible. I am now 4 weeks pp and think it has really helped, my hips are not back to pre-prenancy size but I'm hopeful.I only have another 2-4 weeks left for this to work.praying.gif

post #17 of 20
I wore mine at night for about 4 days pp, then took it off for sleeping after that. Wore it all during the day till about 10 days pp, and since then I've just been wearing it here and there. This is my fourth,but first time wrapping my belly and I've noticed a HUGE difference! My hips/tummy are pretty close (minus sagging skin) to prepreg, but my thighs aren't! I wish they had thigh wrapping products lol!
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 


They do have thigh wraps, go to the sports section in walmart, and you'll find wraps there for various body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

I wore mine at night for about 4 days pp, then took it off for sleeping after that. Wore it all during the day till about 10 days pp, and since then I've just been wearing it here and there. This is my fourth,but first time wrapping my belly and I've noticed a HUGE difference! My hips/tummy are pretty close (minus sagging skin) to prepreg, but my thighs aren't! I wish they had thigh wrapping products lol!


 

post #19 of 20
but will they actually SHRINK my thighs, or just hide them? lol
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 

lol, I don't know. It may work, you never know unless you try. Besides the only thing you have to lose is in your thighslol.gif

 

Good luck and let me know
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

but will they actually SHRINK my thighs, or just hide them? lol


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › Belly wrapping post pregnancy