1. How did you choose your screen name?
It's the title of my favorite old Ani DiFranco song.
2. Where do you live? Where were you born?
I live in Tucker, GA. It's a suburb of Atlanta. I was born in Alexandria,Va and moved a lot as a little kid. We settled in Metro Atlanta when I was 8 and I've been here ever since. I don't plan on leaving- I love Atlanta!
3. What is one of your favorite books?
I can't name just one. My favorite authors are James Joyce, J.D. Salinger, George Orwell, Katherine Mansfield, Kate Chopin, Flannery O'Connor, Jhumpa Lahiri... I'll stop. But I do read plenty of fluff! Right now I'm working my way through Agatha Christie's entire catalog. I'm currently on my 24th.
4. What was the last fun purchase you made?
Wow... I actually had to look back through my bank account to figure this one out. I got a pedicure and bought a book for my Kindle back in mid-July. It was my birthday.
5. What is one of your favorite go to recipes?
Even if I haven't been shopping in a week and a half and have nothing in the fridge, I can always come up with something made out of rice, beans, tomatoes, and spices.
6. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
I really don't know. Maybe Paris? For the museums.
7. What are your plans for this birth?
I'm having a hospital birth with a great midwife only practice. I've had two natural, no intervention births, so I assume this will go the same way.
8. What is your current job? What did you do pre-motherhood?
I'm staying at home right now. I am working part-time online, but am mostly being a mom. Up until May, I was a high school English teacher. I also stayed home with my 9 and 6 year olds for five years.
9. What is one thing you like to do in your free time?
Read and knit. That's two. :)
10. What is one thing you plan on doing differently with this baby? What's one thing you'll do the same?
Differently: I will be more relaxed. I used to think if I used a pacifier/ put the baby down/ used ANY baby gear, etc I was a horrible mom. This time I'm going let some of those ideals go.
The same: I will still use cloth diapers, breastfeed exclusively, and cosleep.