1. Start eating from the pantry and using up all the consumables possible(cleaners, soaps etc) Even if you end up with odd meals or you dont like something, use it up.
2. Start to declutter EVERY DAY.
3. Take a long hard look at your clothes- will they work in the new climate, are they in good condition, are they appropriate for your new job? Same for shoes, if the answer is not a definite YES, out they go. Everything you keep should be in good condition and free of stains, holes, fit well etc.
4. No duplicates, no out dated electronics. If you have it on DVD, you do not need the VHS. If you have it on Itunes you do not need the CD.
5. Furniture costs a small fortune to move and can usually be replaced for less than the cost of moving and typically furniture isn't in good condition to begin with.
6. Don't buy anything else- November is just a few short weeks away.
When I was considering moving I looked at my stuff and realized I could get things down to about 15-20 boxes. I have a DS who dearly loves legos. I went to a pack n ship place and if I had the boxes packed (same size boxes so either bankers boxes or rubbermaid containers) they could put it all on a pallet and ship it for me for one price. This was by far the most cost effective shipping method I ever found. However we didn't move at that time.