or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nursing Bras

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I think we had a thread on this before, but I'm starting a new one anyway! :)  I have zero experience with nursing bras. I have never owned one. I always went bra-less before, but the girls were smaller and perkier back then. I bought some cheap bras at Target, but they are super uncomfortable, so I am ready to splurge on the real deal. I'm looking at the Bravado bras, but I have no idea what to get. The Body Silk Seamless looks good, but I am not convinced it will keep my boobs where I want them. I do not want them resting on my tummy!  I'm typically an underwire/ push-up kinda girl. 

 

So, who has experience with these, or any other good nursing bras? Which work and which don't? I want comfort, but also a little bit of style. I would love any recommendations. If I have to wear this Target bra for another week, I may burn it. 

post #2 of 10

I love the Body Silk Seamless by Bravado. I also love their Bliss bra and their nursing tanks. I'm currently on the smaller end, but was much heavier with my first son and the Body Silk Seamless gave me support when I was about a 38DD.

 

I found Bravado's Original Nursing bra to be uncomfortable. I love that it's made out of cotton, but the seams are thick and the fabric not super soft, and it kind of smashed my boobs (like a sports bra) for a pretty undesirable look under clothes.

 

I've tried other nursing bras - La Leche League, Target brand, and another I don't remember the brand of, but I seem to go back to the Bravado bras.

post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanitaMama View Post

I love the Body Silk Seamless by Bravado. I also love their Bliss bra and their nursing tanks. I'm currently on the smaller end, but was much heavier with my first son and the Body Silk Seamless gave me support when I was about a 38DD.

 

I found Bravado's Original Nursing bra to be uncomfortable. I love that it's made out of cotton, but the seams are thick and the fabric not super soft, and it kind of smashed my boobs (like a sports bra) for a pretty undesirable look under clothes.

 

I've tried other nursing bras - La Leche League, Target brand, and another I don't remember the brand of, but I seem to go back to the Bravado bras.

yeahthat.gif   Totally agree!  The Body Silk is very nice and supportive.  It also has removable cup liners if you don't want the lining (I like it though to prevent the fried egg look when I have to wear nursing pads).  I have their Lifestyle bra as well- not as good.  The straps don't stretch, so I find they are always falling down and there is no lining= fried eggs.  I returned the original b/c it just did not fit well and it had snaps instead of those clasps.  I found it hard to open and close one handed.  I've heard great things about the Bliss Bra and plan to buy one later when my milk comes in and I know what size I'm going to be this time around.   I also have a LLL padded, underwire bra and it's my least favorite by far.  Even though it's padded, which I do like, it's just uncomfortable and again the straps don't stretch.  I never get the point of that.

 

Likewise I have Target brand, Bravado, and Glamourmom nursing tanks.  My favorite are the Bravado followed by the Glamourmom tanks.  Target tanks look strange on me.
 

 

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the replies! Sounds like the body silk is a good choice. Jaimee, I'd prefer to wait till after the baby is born, too, but I'm desperate!
post #5 of 10

Blue Canoe makes an unpadded, unwired, organic cotton crossover style bra that I love for nursing.  Def. better for the smaller-breasted women, but really awesome.  I think they just have S-M-L sixing, but the S goes up to a B-cup, if that makes any sense?  I'm actually embarrassed to say for how many years I've been using these bras, and they are still great.  

post #6 of 10

Buying nursing bras is going to be new to me ... first babe coming, and of cause it doesn't help that because of my body shape I am an odd side.  I have a small rib cage, which throws the cup size off.  I need an underwire bra for sure for support - I am currently wearing a 38 H bra *yeah I know lol* I am more a 36 band size though.  Realllllly hard to find bras that fit well!  So I am dreading going nursing bra shopping :(

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post

Blue Canoe makes an unpadded, unwired, organic cotton crossover style bra that I love for nursing.  Def. better for the smaller-breasted women, but really awesome.  I think they just have S-M-L sixing, but the S goes up to a B-cup, if that makes any sense?  I'm actually embarrassed to say for how many years I've been using these bras, and they are still great.  



I had this bra before. Not so much for nursing, just as a bra. I remember liking it, but that was when I was a B-cup and younger. Now I need a lot more support and some lightly padded coverage. However, I do recommend the bra to those without those needs!   :)

post #8 of 10

I always buy my nursing bras at Target.  If you're a standard size, they're cheap and hold up well.  I like to own at least 5-6 bras because they get icky and need to be changed daily.  I often will wear stretchy non-underwire bras as well (and just pull them down).

post #9 of 10

I've had a bra like this too (from Motherhood Maternity) and while it is comfortable, it's very unflattering.  It's great for sleeping and wearing around the house, but doesn't look very good under most clothes.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow View Post





I had this bra before. Not so much for nursing, just as a bra. I remember liking it, but that was when I was a B-cup and younger. Now I need a lot more support and some lightly padded coverage. However, I do recommend the bra to those without those needs!   :)



 

post #10 of 10

Just as FYI, Zulily is selling sexy nursing bras now. The sale ends today, i think.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011