It is already the 10th of a busy month. I wonder what I can accomplish in 20 days...
1) I usually do paperwork and finances every Tuesday. We were on vacation for two Tuesdays, but not two full weeks and I have yet to get back into that routine. I think I am four weeks behind. Therefore, I'll start with that. Catch up on paperwork and finances! The stack is outrageous... (It's neat enough, but towering and overwhelming...) [I was five weeks behind by the time I worked on it this week.]
2) Clean out the filing cabinet. Since a lot of our financial paperwork is no longer on physical paper, I forget to do my annual purging of the filing cabinet. I'm probably two full years behind. Eek.
3) Ask DH to clean up his desk and surrounding area. If I ask, he'll do it every week -- usually on Monday evenings for me to use it on Tuesdays.
4) I think my desk is clear, but I haven't actually sat down at it for over a month. I want to hang a long hinged box (a la shelf with hidden storage) above my desk. It has been sitting ON my desk for years. I also have a long open box to paint and hang on the wall above that one. And mirrored words "Live Love Laugh" to spread amidst those. Oh, and two picture frames to hang on the wall behind my chair...need to fill the frames first. And, there is a tall skinny cabinet to be hung near my desk.
5) DD's desk was clean the last I looked. If not, ask her to do so. I have 2-3 items to paint for her and hang on the wall above and next to her desk.
6) Touch up paint throughout the room, especially around the window. Wash the cotton sheers and shorten them. Finish sewing the lined curtains and hang them, which requires deciding which curtain rod to use and hanging IT first. (We have 2-3 to choose from that I have saved from other projects.) Paint my foot stool and recover it in leftover curtain fabric -- maybe in a scrappy quilt pattern using some coordinating fabric, if there isn't a big enough single piece.
7) Go through closet and weed out and re-organize craft supplies on my side and household supplies on the other side. DH and DD have their sections, too.
8) While we're hanging things, we have a cork board we aren't currently using that is propped against the wall on DH's desk. Decide who wants it nearest them and hang it.
9) Dust and vacuum.
This is a rather ambitious list, so I'll be very happy if ANYTHING gets done!!! :)
Edited by sunnysandiegan - 9/22/11 at 9:32pm