or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › September 2011 › You know it's almost time to give birth when..... (some fun while we wait for labor????)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know it's almost time to give birth when..... (some fun while we wait for labor????) - Page 2

post #21 of 31

You know you are ready to have a baby when you drop something/see something on the floor and debate whether the BH is worth picking that item up. 

post #22 of 31

When the pizza delivery guy asks with very wide eyes if you are going to have a baby at any minute... I told him I was over due and he got out of there as soon as possible after making sure I have "someone to look after me". Some random guy at the post office the other day also got really flustered at my belly... stammering a bit with "I don't know how... how do you... I mean, how do women... I could never... " and then finally blurting out, "Holy crap! Are there TWO in there?!!" If laughing could have started my labor just then it would have... 

 

When you feel like an upside down beetle on your back trying to switch from one side to the other at night.

 

I'm also annoyed by EVERYTHING and EVERYONE right now.

 

When you can no longer sit with your legs together because there's a head between them.

 

When you stop answering the phone and change your voicemail to say, "Yes, I'm STILL pregnant. Thanks for checking in on me." and send all your calls to voicemail.

 

When you have done everything possible on this list (except #101): 101 Things to Do When you're Over Due

 

When you have watched every single episode of Mad Men, Bones, Lie to Me, Glee and Numbers on Netflix that is available.

 

When you are afraid to go out of the house.

 

When you have nothing left to do except wash your hair twice a day, and it wears you out doing it once.

 

When everyone you know asks what they can do to help and all you can say is "thanks, but unless you can start labor for me, I got nothing".

 

OMG... I do not want to be pregnant anymore.

post #23 of 31

That would be great. My kitchen sink is huge and now that I'm pregnant the faucet is too far away for me to wash the dishes properly.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMama View Post




 

Every time I wash dishes I wish for a pregnant lady sink, which would have a belly-shaped indentation so I don't have to squish up against the counter every time:) 

 



 

post #24 of 31

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

When you feel like an upside down beetle on your back trying to switch from one side to the other at night.



So true! I feel like I have to actually work up momentum by flailing my arms and legs in the air just to turn over. 

post #25 of 31

This is probably only for SMCs (single mamas by choice) and is likely WAY TMI, but here's the one that made me laugh today and got me out of the house to get my mind off of this overdue nonsense:

 

When you actually consider that standing offer of NSA sex from the dorky player friend you've been avoiding advances from for years, just to get your cervix covered in prostaglandins... not that I ever would mind you, because as my sister pointed out "castor oil has less of a chance of giving you hepatitis"... and I'm really not that kind of girl, but it DID cross my mind, which is an indicator of just how much I do not want to be pregnant anymore. LMAO!

post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

This is probably only for SMCs (single mamas by choice) and is likely WAY TMI, but here's the one that made me laugh today and got me out of the house to get my mind off of this overdue nonsense:

 

When you actually consider that standing offer of NSA sex from the dorky player friend you've been avoiding advances from for years, just to get your cervix covered in prostaglandins... not that I ever would mind you, because as my sister pointed out "castor oil has less of a chance of giving you hepatitis"... and I'm really not that kind of girl, but it DID cross my mind, which is an indicator of just how much I do not want to be pregnant anymore. LMAO!


LMAO, Mommel!  I am so there.
 

post #27 of 31

I am ressurecting this, because I am more ready now then before... :)

 

- Your new pick up line to your husband is "wanna go put some prostaglandins on my cervix?"

 

- Your 20 month old starts rubbing your belly saying "baby come out"

 

- A well meaning friend asks how you managed to put your shoes on that morning

 

- A 9 lb baby is starting to sound small

 

- reading a birth story has you in tears...of jealousy :)

post #28 of 31

Oh my gosh, we are so in the same place right now, all of those are true here too! The prostaglandin deal almost killed me the other night (lots of cramps and soreness afterward but zero baby action!) so I am not sure I will try that again. ;)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC05 View Post

I am ressurecting this, because I am more ready now then before... :)

 

- Your new pick up line to your husband is "wanna go put some prostaglandins on my cervix?"

 

- Your 20 month old starts rubbing your belly saying "baby come out"

 

- A well meaning friend asks how you managed to put your shoes on that morning

 

- A 9 lb baby is starting to sound small

 

- reading a birth story has you in tears...of jealousy :)



 

post #29 of 31


Yeah, those prostaglandins didn't do anything for me. No cramps. No contractions, not even Braxton Hicks. Not sure it was fun enough to try again... :) I know it will be soon, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Oh my gosh, we are so in the same place right now, all of those are true here too! The prostaglandin deal almost killed me the other night (lots of cramps and soreness afterward but zero baby action!) so I am not sure I will try that again. ;)
 



 



 

post #30 of 31

You know (or hope!) it's almost time to give birth when several well intentioned people ask you if you're having twins and you smile and say "no I'm just overdue" when what you wanted to do is shoot them a dirty look and sock them one! nut.gif

post #31 of 31

I don't have much to add, just right there with you all.

 

I love it when people ask when I am due and I say Wed. and they look all shock. 

 

HEre is one of my complaints:   Walking is uncomfortable because you have a head smashing against your pelvic area. Oh and today we were picking up the house and when I bent over I got a cramp in my belly muscle. Not a contraction or a BH but an actual charlie horse in my tummy muscle. OWW! Dang!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › September 2011 › You know it's almost time to give birth when..... (some fun while we wait for labor????)