I am new to the site and this is actually my first post.
I have 2 little boys, 5 years and 12 weeks. My 5 year old was vaxed on schedule and bringing him to the pediatrician's office every few months for shot after shot just felt wrong to me. I had to put him in daycare at 8 weeks old, so they "required" the shots. Now I am much more educated on the subject and want to selectively/delay vax. I thought I had it all figured out...I was going to wait until at least 6 months, and start with pentacel. I am breastfeeding as much as I can but have to supplement with formula because i have to work and cant pump enough. I am also spending big money on a private sitter who only watches my kids, so my infant is not exposed to tons of nasty bugs in daycare.
Now for the kink in my plan: Last week an infant 2 towns away DIED of pertussis. He was less than 2 months old, so too young to be vaccinated. We are hardly in the midst of an outbreak, but now it looks like I need to reconsider the risks vs. benefits of vaccinating earlier.
I have been lurking on these forums for a while and it seems like there are lots of highly knowledgable mamas on this site...I was wondering what others might do in this situation...