or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › wgat is the longest stretch of sleep you've had since giving birth?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wgat is the longest stretch of sleep you've had since giving birth? - Page 2

post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post





that's what Im hoping to achieve eventually :)  It took my daughter a long time to get there but i feel DS is a better sleeper already.

 

PS- what time do you all go to bed?  I tell myself i should go earlier but with another child dinner for us grownups doesnt happen til 7:30/8 and I need a little time to wind down.  Im in bed around 10-11 most nights- with DD I learned to eat around 5:30 and would go to bed around 7 so i could get some sleep while DH watched her.  So far it's not necessary- though i wish I had more sleep most days.....


We usually go to bed somewhere btwn midnight and 2:00- usually its right about 1 though. We're up sometime between 7 and 8 normally. Probably when DH leaves for basic, I'll go to bed earlier (maybe). Right now I stay up b/c most nights he doesn't get home until 11:30 and we like to spend a little time together before going to bed.
post #22 of 34


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Maybe 5.5 hours? Little man is a great sleeper. Even when he does wake up to eat, I pop a boob in his mouth and I'm back to sleep in less than two minutes. smile.gif


Same here! I feel so lucky. Especially since this is my first kid and I have online classes I get to sleep in with her. :) She'll seriously sleep till noon some days.

post #23 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post




I was wondering that, too. We go to bed usually around 1 or 2 and he nurses for about fifteen minutes to half an hour. And then we get up somewhere between 10 and noon.

 


that sounds luxurious- since i have a 4 yr old to get up with i should really be tying to get sleep on the other end - but again ate late, read and missed a 6 hr stretch from 7:30-1:30.  UGH.  When will I learn!!!

 

post #24 of 34

Will is 4.5 weeks old, and I've gotten 4 hours two times.  Typically I get 1.5-2.5 hour stretches at night, a few times/week he gives me a 3 hour stretch which automatically make it a "good" night.  Last night he ate at 10, 1, 4, and 6, which I thought was awesome.  Jeb came in my bed at 6 and we all snuggled/dozed until 8 when we got up for the day which is also very very good.  When I have a bad night with Will and Jeb gets us up for the day at 630, I'm totally beat. 

 

I usually go to bed for the night between 930 and 11, depending on when Will settles. 

 

Nald, can everyone have dinner together so you can get to bed earlier? 

post #25 of 34

OMG, OMG, OMG. Baby Caroline slept from 11:00 last night, to 8:00 this morning!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG. I am still in shock! She's always been a great sleeper and got at least one four hour stretch but after this I feel like a new woman!! I definitely did not sleep that whole time but I got six good hours, although I definitely did keep waking up to make sure she was still breathing! She was pretty fussy last night and ate, ate ATE!!!

post #26 of 34

Wow!!  Kudos to you, mama!  Enjoy that energy!

post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemaeeee View Post

OMG, OMG, OMG. Baby Caroline slept from 11:00 last night, to 8:00 this morning!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG. I am still in shock! She's always been a great sleeper and got at least one four hour stretch but after this I feel like a new woman!! I definitely did not sleep that whole time but I got six good hours, although I definitely did keep waking up to make sure she was still breathing! She was pretty fussy last night and ate, ate ATE!!!


jaw2.gif AWESOME! Here I was stoked about 4.5 hours. lol...
post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemaeeee View Post

OMG, OMG, OMG. Baby Caroline slept from 11:00 last night, to 8:00 this morning!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG. I am still in shock! She's always been a great sleeper and got at least one four hour stretch but after this I feel like a new woman!! I definitely did not sleep that whole time but I got six good hours, although I definitely did keep waking up to make sure she was still breathing! She was pretty fussy last night and ate, ate ATE!!!



WOW- congrats! Do you feel amazing?  My lO slept 6 hrs last night but i only got the last 2 1/2- I will learn!!!

post #29 of 34

Whoa, six hours is a wonderful chance to sleep! It does seem that the way I sleep is different though. I was always a heavy sleeper, well, until pregnancy when I had to pee all the time. And now I sleep SO lightly. It seems like I wake up every time DD makes a noise! So I still don't feel totally rested, kwim? Still, its been wonderful!!! :D

post #30 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemaeeee View Post

Whoa, six hours is a wonderful chance to sleep! It does seem that the way I sleep is different though. I was always a heavy sleeper, well, until pregnancy when I had to pee all the time. And now I sleep SO lightly. It seems like I wake up every time DD makes a noise! So I still don't feel totally rested, kwim? Still, its been wonderful!!! :D



same- I could sleep through anything- now I am not sure if I ever really fall fully asleep- that's the "payoff" for co-sleeping ,I guess- although i think id sleep worse if he weren't with me and I was straining to hear him all night...

post #31 of 34

Cordelia slept a 6 hour stretch last night! I told DH it must have been her birthday present to me (today is my birthday lol). I feel amazing!

post #32 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post

Cordelia slept a 6 hour stretch last night! I told DH it must have been her birthday present to me (today is my birthday lol). I feel amazing!



LO has  been doing a 5 or 6 hr stretch but it starts at 7:30 and I try to grab the last 3 or 4 hrs....

post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post





LO has  been doing a 5 or 6 hr stretch but it starts at 7:30 and I try to grab the last 3 or 4 hrs....


That's my problem. DS2 sleeps all evening (4-5 hrs) and I spend the time eating and hanging out with DH whom I don't see at any other time. I need to change the baby's clock.

 

post #34 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post




That's my problem. DS2 sleeps all evening (4-5 hrs) and I spend the time eating and hanging out with DH whom I don't see at any other time. I need to change the baby's clock.

 


EXACTLY- so much for adjusting my clock to his- he will just have to adjust to mine :)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › wgat is the longest stretch of sleep you've had since giving birth?