Okay, so I've learned a few things here on Mothering, tried them, and been totally amazed at awesome results. Here are just a few of mine: (a lot of mine are Natural Body Care things, but I know some mamas may have ideas that fit into the home category, too, so I will post this here.)
1. Epilators-- where have you been all my life, little gadget?
2. Good oils and Oil Cleansing Method-- Wow! I had no idea coconut oil was so awesome. What other product can you slather on your body (and your babe's body to heal things like that icky redness from when spit up lingers in those neck skin folds and diaper rash)...and also EAT. I now use are jojoba for moisturizing my face, and a jojoba/castor oil blend for washing my face.
3. Dr. Bronner's. It's so uncomplicated to have ONE massive jug of something that cleans nearly *everything*.
4. Menstrual cups. Absolutely Life. Changing. For. Me. Every woman who previously used tampons should try one. (My fave is the Femmecup. My back up is an inside-out Diva.)
5. The phrases "Do I really love it, use it, or get joy from it?" and "I still have the memory, even if I get rid of the object it represents." Getting rid of things has taken weight off my shoulders that I didn't even know was there until I felt the lightness.
Anyone else have any more?
Edited by Beauchamp - 9/12/11 at 11:38am