or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When to call... - Page 6

post #101 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Oooh, I can't wait to see more pictures of our inaugural baby!  You know that he has a very special place in all of our hearts for being the first, right?

I'm sure you and Ernesto are reeling from the diagnosis of Downs, but I'm also sure that your fierce and fiery confidence and self-awareness (as demonstrated in your involvement here) will serve you well as you advocate for him and yourselves. 

Have you found Kelly Hampton's blog yet?  When you get a minute, go there and read the amazing birth story of her little girl who was diagnoses with Downs at birth too.  She is a true inspiration!  As are you, Karli.  And Corbin too!  So glad to hear that he's eating so well. 

 

 

^^ All of this!!

Corbin is totally "our" baby too, hope you don't mind lol.gif


I hope you get the answers you need from the specialists.  None of us wants to imagine anything could be "wrong" or different with our precious babies...but mother love will see you through this and Corbin will bless your lives with so much love and joy.

 

I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about his birth!

 

 


 

 

post #102 of 118

Karli,

 

You have definitely been on my mind!  Thanks for stopping by!  That's great that he's feeding so well.  You guys are going to be fine.  Hugs!

post #103 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Quote:

Corbin is totally "our" baby too, hope you don't mind lol.gif

 

I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about his birth!

 


yeahthat.gif

 

Corbin has a lot of Internet aunties loving him fiercely right now.  Go boy go!

 

post #104 of 118

Thank you for sharing an update! I cannot wait to see more pictures. Much love to you!!

 

I hope the specialist can answer all your questions and that you are doing well through all of the news.

post #105 of 118

Glad to hear he is coming along well. Take care of yourselves - we all look forward to more updates.

post #106 of 118

thanks for the update karli. glad corbin is doing so well, especially with the feeding as kids with DS can have lots of feeding issues. If you are bypassing that then HOORAY!!!!

 

As far as your questions, DS can be missed a lot in u/s, especially if they aren't doing a very detailed one looking specifically for that. As far as your chances of another child of yours having DS I believe your chance goes up slightly for someone your age but does not put you at a significantly higher risk. It is most likely just chance and has nothing to do with your fertility issues.

 

I had a dear friend whose child was diagnosed at birth with DS. She had probably had at least 10 u/s during her pg all which didn't pick up anything. She was 34 and had 4 children previously that did not have DS and then 1 child after that did not have DS. She wasn't worried about it with her 6th child though because at that point she already had all of the resources and told me her dd was the best thing she never new she wanted.

Good luck with your new journey and he is ADORABLE!!!

post #107 of 118



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Quote:

 

^^ All of this!!

Corbin is totally "our" baby too, hope you don't mind lol.gif


I hope you get the answers you need from the specialists.  None of us wants to imagine anything could be "wrong" or different with our precious babies...but mother love will see you through this and Corbin will bless your lives with so much love and joy.

 

I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about his birth!

 

 


 

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post




yeahthat.gif

 

Corbin has a lot of Internet aunties loving him fiercely right now.  Go boy go!

 


it is weird that we feel that way...lol

we luvs ya little man!love.gif
 

 

post #108 of 118

I can't wait to see more pictures!

 

I'm so glad he's eating and other things in the NICU are starting to improve. I'm sure you can't wait to just be home with him. The counselor should be able to answer questions and take some of the anxiety away, but the rest is just day-by-day and I'm sure you'll do splendidly.

post #109 of 118

Thanks for the update! I'm so happy to hear that he's doing so well. I hope your meeting with the counselor is helpful. Sheepish.gif And, uh, I'm sure none of us would mind more sweet baby pictures.

post #110 of 118

Oh my goodness...those cheeks! I can smell them...*sigh*
I'm so glad that he's doing so well! Congrats!!

post #111 of 118

So glad to hear that he is doing better! 

 

Definitely looking forward to more stories & pictures!

post #112 of 118

Karli ... I hope little Corbin is trucking along in true Thrasher fashion.  Can't wait to see more pictures (hint, hint) and hear your whole story (hint, hint).  Thinking of you!

 

post #113 of 118
I've been thinking about you and Corbin a lot too. I hope you'll be able to find the time to post some pics of your gorgeous boy and an update too. I'd really love to hear your birth story!
post #114 of 118

Ditto to the above. I am thinking about you and your family and hope all is going well. Looking forward to hearing more details and/or seeing photos when you are up to posting them. But no pressure! You not only have a newborn, you have a whole new condition to learn about. That's a lot on your plate. Hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you and hoping you are doing well and feeling well-supported through the newborn haze.

post #115 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Ditto to the above. I am thinking about you and your family and hope all is going well. Looking forward to hearing more details and/or seeing photos when you are up to posting them. But no pressure! You not only have a newborn, you have a whole new condition to learn about. That's a lot on your plate. Hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you and hoping you are doing well and feeling well-supported through the newborn haze.



yeahthat.gif  And hugs!

post #116 of 118

Missed this thread somehow, but congratulations!

post #117 of 118

Congratulations Karli and Ernesto and welcome earth side, baby Corbin!

post #118 of 118

Late to the party, as usual, but I wanted to say congratulations!  I would love to hear your birth story whenever you get a chance, don't feel bad if it's not right away, but I'll bet you'll be glad later if you record it soonish, at least for yourself.  You must both be very busy adjusting even more than you thought you were going to be.  I hope everything is going well!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2011