And let me know if there's too much info, if I forgot something, if I should leave something off, etc. I'm having a brain fart right now and I'm not sure if I want to leave this how it is. Thanks!!
- I wish to walk around and move freely during labor.
- I wish to have fluids by mouth during labor.
- I do not wish to have an IV. If necessary, I will consent to a heplock.
- I do not wish to have continuous fetal monitoring, unless it is required by the condition of my baby.
- I do not wish to have an internal monitor unless the baby is showing signs of distress.
- Please use intermittent monitoring, unless the baby shows signs of distress.
- Please don’t offer me pain medication. I am aware it exists and will ask for it if needed.
- I would prefer to not have an episiotomy, unless absolutely necessary for the safety of my baby.
- I would like to be able to push and deliver in whatever position is working for me. This can include, but is not limited to, squatting or hands and knees position.
- Please place baby immediately on my chest. Unless the health of the baby necessitates otherwise, baby will remain on my chest while I deliver the placenta and for at least the first hour after birth.
- Please allow the cord to stop pulsing before my husband, Jason, cuts it.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER DELIVERY
- Baby will remain with mom, as long as the health of both allow it, the entire time. All newborn exams should be done with baby on my chest.
- If the baby must be removed from me to receive medical treatment, my husband will accompany the baby at all times.
- NO HEPATITIS B VACCINE
- NO ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT (eye drops)
- Please ask Stephanie about Vitamin K shot. She will determine whether it is necessary, based on how the delivery went.
- NO CIRCUMCISION
- The baby will stay with mom the entire time, unless it is medically necessary to transfer the baby to the nursery.
- If the baby does need to leave mom’s room, dad (Jason) will accompany baby at all times.
- I plan on breastfeeding the baby, starting immediately after birth.
- Please do not offer the baby any bottles (including sugar water or plain water).
- In the event that a c-section is necessary, I would like my husband (Jason) and doula (Kristen) to accompany me. Unless medically necessary, baby should remain with mom the entire time. If that is not possible, Jason will remain with the baby and Kristen will remain with me.
- I would like to hold and breastfeed my baby as soon as possible after surgery.
- Unless the health of baby or mom requires extra care, I would like to be discharged 24 hours after delivery.