I originally wanted to use a birth center that is 10 minutes from our house. That is, until I found out that the birth center is a little ridiculous about their risk assessments. They take NO women with any form of abdominal surgery, c-section or not. I also decided that I didn't like the hospital they transfer to. That hospital is great for other things, but they haven't updated the maternity ward much.
I decided to go with OB care at a newer hospital because there is a good chance I might need to transfer for another health reason. The hospital is set in a grove of old-growth oak trees, the rooms are big and fairly cozy, and the hospital is "baby friendly." I like my OB. I found a new OB for this birth because I was completely unsatisfied with my last birth. I wish I had more time with her, but she does answer all of my questions, and has a calming/reassuring vibe. I've heard very good things about her from others that I know.
I'm planning for a VBAC. I'm a good candidate, and the OB and perinatologist didn't seem concerned that my daughter was large. If I'm sick because of the other health issue, I can accept that a c-section might be the way to go. I'd really like to go natural this time, though.