Ek - I had an emergency c-section with my son. When i was pg the two time s after him i was adamant that i wanted a VBAC. Now i think that if i become pg again i will more than likely do a csection just bc I feel like i will know when i will go into "labor" and we can stop my shots in enough time. i am so afraid of the bleeding out thing as well bc i will be on blood thinners. I just think at the end of the day you have to go with your gut. I will say this much - the actual c-section isnt that bad at all. The healing part sucks but i honestly did not even think about the whole cutting my belly open thing as i was laying there...lol.. I am super squeamish too and i remmebr at one point being able to look in the light above and see my reflection of the incision and i thought OMG i can't believe this is me!!! I guess what i am TRYING to say is that if you go that route you will be so focused on meeting that baby that you won't really think about it once you get in that room.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 10/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" tread 2011 - Page 18post #341 of 51410/18/11 at 12:28pmpost #342 of 51410/18/11 at 12:32pm
MAnna: YAAAAAY for the heartbeat!!
Also: I want to fight your doctor all in his face. Just give me his office building, I'm there. No but seriously, find another doctor as soon as you can. You don't need this.
for your upcoming ultrasounds everyone!
Also, Milk8Shake come out wherever you are!post #343 of 51410/18/11 at 12:44pm
I emailed the doctor I used to work for in Birmingham and she gave me the current email (she thinks) for the doctor who lives near here. Then I emailed her. Doctor #1 then told me she could get me my old job back. (: It's nice to be loved. The residents all loved working with me because they could hold out a hand without looking and I would read their minds and put the right thing in it. Very Girl Friday-ish. This doctor I'm trying to get in with was one of "my" residents who then became chief resident before flying the coup. She was absolutely awsome and I would trust her completely. I have NO such trust for the asshat (hee hee!) here. Plus, I have a very bad feeling that I'd be going back to the OB dark ages when it came time to deliver and I'm not going through that again...post #344 of 51410/18/11 at 12:55pm
Ek- I think I already told you my story, but I had an emergency c-sec with DD...it wasn't horrible, but would have better if it were planned, I had a speedy recovery and was discharged early, they only kept me for 1 day/night after my c-section:) I do have several friends who have had several planned c-sec and loved it.
Meg- Did you test + for a clotting disorder? How are you?
Gem- Hey there! How are you?
MAnna- How are you feeling now? I guess what I was trying to say earlier is, stats don't mean much to me and even though I think your doctor was smoking some crack when he was talking to you about your situation, he can take his stats and put them up his rear, sounds like he needs to get off his high horse...glad you have another doctor you can go to that will be a great support for your journey:)post #345 of 51410/18/11 at 1:23pm
re: c/s - I've only had vaginal deliveries, but if the new doctor told me she thought I needed one for whatever reason, then I would certainly listen to her. Obviously surgery comes with some risk, but it's not a nightmare. I think you are mostly excited you're about to see your baby more than worrying about being opened up. From what I've been told you mostly feel tugging. Epidurals don't work on me so that's the most pain-free way I would have available to me anyway. I'll try to do vaginal, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to have a c/s. The point is to have a live baby at the end of it.post #346 of 51410/18/11 at 1:54pmpost #347 of 51410/18/11 at 3:07pmpost #348 of 51410/18/11 at 3:12pm
MAnna, I don't often have time to check this thread, but I just was thinking of all of you today - and I'm so happy to get to read about your baby's heartbeat! Yay!!!
Assume you are checking the other thread too, so: How did you manage to get yourself an appointment with X's Dr. Asshat?
[p.s. You & I are the same age and not old!]post #349 of 51410/18/11 at 3:21pmpost #350 of 51410/18/11 at 3:54pm
ek, i think this is such a difficult decision but I will say that my sister had an emergency C section the first time around and she planned a C-section the next time and for it was a God send. She couldn't cope with the trauma of what she's been through before. Also, Sarah, my friend, was really struggling with this question but for her going through with another natural labor seemed impossible. I think it would have been extremely traumatic. She was also worried that her husband would have a hard time coping as he was dealing with a lot of ptsd stuff. Thinking of you.post #351 of 51410/18/11 at 4:55pmpost #352 of 51410/18/11 at 5:35pmpost #353 of 51410/18/11 at 8:56pmpost #354 of 51410/18/11 at 9:06pmpost #355 of 51410/19/11 at 5:07am
Oh, milk, I'm heartbroken for you and your little bubs... It's so unfair
Camera, I was in your DDC (as was Rainey, milk and 3surfboys who just got her BFP yesterday).
Oh, Violet, I am so sorry. I was definitely in that sad place this weekend. Being sick is a misery unto itself, and I do think that with DS it made me very depressed early on in the pregnancy. Can you pinpoint what is making you so sad? Thinking of you. As for the B6: I generally take it around mealtimes even if I can only eat an apple. But the truth is I am not taking it regularly because I can't eat consistently.
MAnna, how are you doing this morning post appointment?
AM: Terrible night's sleep in our house. DS had a bad tummy (he is eating too much, I think... but I think it's a growth spurt) and I was up with him between 1 and 4 and DH got up with him at 4. It's going to be a long day. I am really wishing I hadn't changed my scan as I would have had it this morning, but I didn't want to hear bad news on a very busy work day. So just under 24 hours to my appt. I feel so nervous, and most of me can't imagine things working out. At least I kept my schedule clear for tomorrow so I have time to be on my own if it's needed.
How is Wednesday treating everyone?post #356 of 51410/19/11 at 5:30am
Milk- My heart breaks for you! I'm sooo sorry.
Zub- I have an u/s tomorrow as well. What time is your appt? Mine isn't until 3. I'm sorry you had a long night with DS, I hope he feels better soon. I am sending you on track growth and a great heartbeat vibes for tomorrow!
How is everyone?
AFM- Ok, does anyone else have bad gas? I can't be the only one:)post #357 of 51410/19/11 at 5:38am
Violet: Thinking about you and your ultrasound today. I hope everything goes well. KUP!!!
Stacey: So TWO ultrasounds tomorrow!! What a busy week for everyone!
Corgi: How are you doing? Oh, and I guess you'd better change my DD to June 8th and put me back at week 6 :(.
I'm feeling a bit better this morning. I'm going to call and get an appt with the new doctor. It would be for the 3rd week in November. I would love to be able to hear the heartbeat by then. That would be very reassuring. I was up for a good bit with an upset tummy. I've done this about twice a week for the last few weeks and it's exhausting. I feel like crawling right back into bed....post #358 of 51410/19/11 at 6:27am
ARRGGHHHHH, just wrote a long message and my computer ate it. I'll be back later to write it all up again I suppose. The kids have been asking me to fix them more food, it seems they are bottomless pits lately. Always hungry, despite already eating breakfast.
Did want to say MAnna, so happy to see that picture of your little babe and to hear there is a strong heartbeat already. Fantastic news!
Quickly, I put in a request to have my name changed, I changed it to love&light, so when it shows up that is me. I'm glad.post #359 of 51410/19/11 at 11:04am
Hi there everyone. I am going to have to be quick because I have SO much work to do, and I can't see anyone's recent posts because of how this reply box popped up...??!!?
Can't wait to hear about scans today!
Milk - don't know if you are still here, but I'm so, so sorry.
Thanks for everyone re: my c-section question yesterday. I think I'm in a better place now. slshoe - I think I DO remember your story. Thanks. And Zub - sounds like your friend (the same one with the new infant who lost her first?) and I are on the same page. DH doesn't really have PTSD but I think I definitely do. He tells me that it's up to me, my decision. I also think I'm dwelling on it because it's a distraction, frankly, from the long haul of 39-40 weeks...when I start thinking about the time it takes for a baby to grow (if we even get that far, who knows), it's daunting - I just want to know it'll work out.
Anyway, thanks again guys. Oh - and violet - did you ask about b6 and an empty stomach? I discovered that it made me MORE nauseous on an empty stomach than not, when I was taking it. Actually, prenatals and all supplements are making me sick now (like last pregnancy) so I take them before I go to bed. I do know that some doctors recommend the b6 for nausea if you take a low dose 3x a day, to spread it out for it to work best. I hope you get some relief soon.
OK, back to work - here's hoping for a good Wednesday for all of us.post #360 of 51410/19/11 at 11:08am
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › organizing before baby comes... 38 seconds ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 5 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 5 minutes ago
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 10 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 10 minutes ago
- › PP Period 12 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 14 minutes ago
- › March Chat 17 minutes ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 20 minutes ago
- › General Chat 24 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild