I intended to have my son at a Birth Center in the water. In my case it was everything that could have gone wrong did and I wont bore you with the details, but I ended up at the hospital with a C-section. It was really a horrible experience. Now I find myself pregnant (12 weeks) again after 2 back to back miscarriages. The birth Center will not do Vbac (even though the hospital is right scross the street - so stupid!) so my options are going for a vabac at a hospital (it would be a different hospital than last time with different midwives) or at home. I have thought many hours about this and as much as I want to believe that i could go for a HBAC, Im not sure that it is the right choice for me for a variety of reasons. I haven't ruled it out totally and may set up an appointment with homebirth midwife to at least talk to her about it. I need to pick a provider however and have decided to go with the midwives at the hospital - at least for now. I know I can always change my mind.
Anyway I also have this idea in my head that if I step foot in a hospital my dreams of a Vbac will go down the toilet and I will end up with another c-section. I need to hear from all you ladies who have had positive hospital vbacs - I need to hear it is possible!!