IMO, we're told "no alcohol while pregnant" not because it's that dangerous, but because they think we're too stupid to control ourselves and not binge drink every day. The key is moderation.
Sushi from a trusted source (and in moderation) is okay. I'm not sure if certain types of fish are better/worse than others though.
I have to agree with this. Not every doctor/midwife/"expert" will have this attitude, but many will.
And I have to agree with the sushi rec. Maybe find a fish suited to your climate/region that is safe (not shipped from far away, etc.) or a reputable restaurant. After all, Japanese women still eat sushi while pregnant.
And there are lots of rolls that are not Sashimi:
1) Unagi Sushi/Nigiri - cooked eel
2) Anago - sea eel
3) Kappa Maki - Cucumber sushi roll
4) Kanpyo Maki - some pickled vegetable roll.
5) Shitake Sushi - Japanese mushroom on top of sushi
6) Tempura Prawn Maki - Cooked.
7) Seafood Stick Maki or add Avocado and Mayonnaise and Cucumber to make California roll. Make sure they don't put raw flying fish roe into it though.
8) Spider Roll Maki - soft shell crab deep fried. Not traditionally Japanese but cooked by most Japanese chefs outside Japan. I think its becoming popular back in Japan though with the Rainbow Rolls going on.
9) Futomaki - variety of vegetables pickled and non-pickled, eggs, mushroom, etc. This is a great roll.
10) Egg Tamago sushi
We make futomaki at home a lot and it is so good.....