Before we even get close to the holidays, how about we take care of some projects in the living room (or family room) and front entry areas?
My front door opens into a very small foyer (raised 4-foot square) that is completely open to the living room and the staircase. This is the area where everyone who comes to our house sees -- even just standing at the front door. I usually keep these areas neat and orderly at all times because of the visibility and traffic patterns. However, the last few months have been so busy, I have let these areas get rather messy.
Here's my to do list for October:
1. Clear off bookcase by recliner. Damp dust it. Thoughtfully put items back.
2. Clear off "coffee table" (technically an Ikea toy box) and evaluate it's usefulness.
3. Dust and vacuum weekly.
4. Mop cork floor once or twice.
5. Scrub banister and front doors.
6. Touch up paint throughout this whole area (foyer/staircase/living room/downstairs hallway).
7. Research new window coverings for living room. Been asking around.
8. Research new furnace.
9. Find something decorative for the inside of the front door to cover old holes.
10. Clean sofas, recliner, stairs, and upstairs hallway - borrow, rent, or hire professionals.
11. Clean windows. Gasp!
12. Clean blinds. Gasp!
13. Clean baseboards and under the sofas. EEK!
14. Decorate for Fall. I actually own a few autumn decorations and I am not sure the last time they were out on display....
Would you like to join me? What's your list? Feel free to share before and/or after pictures!
Edited by sunnysandiegan - 10/30/11 at 6:16pm