or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › October Chit Chat

October Chit Chat - Page 46

post #901 of 1015
Thread Starter 

What I wouldn't give for some solid blocks of sleep.  Last night was actually a little improved from the previous several nights- I slept in 2 hour blocks.  But I am not feeling well.  My throat is tickling and I'm coughing.  I think it's allergies and/or post nasal pregnancy congestion drip.  And these freaking bites are still so itchy and I've got more of them now.  Ugh.  We still cannot get to the bottom of it.  Dh is all but convinced that it's a rash of some kind, but the doctor and my mw say they are bites.  But where are the bugs?  Nowhere to be found and no one else has been bit at all!

 

So today we are transitioning ds to his own room.  I'm really nervous.  I'm worried that he'll have an emotional reaction and be clingier during the day.  I'm also worried that he will wake himself up by walking down the hall to get to us if he needs to pee or needs help resettling and if he's too awake won't allow dh to help him.  I'm also worried he will fall out off his bed a lot and wake himself up.  We will put the mattress on the floor, of course, so he won't hurt himself, but it could still be scary.  Lastly, we have asked dd if she wouldn't mind switching beds with ds so that he can  have her queen and she would have his twin.  That way if one of us has to sleep with ds for any length of time, there is room to do it.  But I wonder how dd will feel about having her bed demoted in size.  We played it up like it would be fun to have a different bed and she readily agreed to the switch, but you just never know... at bedtime she could revert suddenly and start crying about her bed.  Ugh.  Yet another moment where I wish ds was 6 months older.

post #902 of 1015

Careful, J! The sleep deprivation is what leads me to have bad days with crying meltdowns! lol

post #903 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

What I wouldn't give for some solid blocks of sleep.  Last night was actually a little improved from the previous several nights- I slept in 2 hour blocks.  But I am not feeling well.  My throat is tickling and I'm coughing.  I think it's allergies and/or post nasal pregnancy congestion drip.  And these freaking bites are still so itchy and I've got more of them now.  Ugh.  We still cannot get to the bottom of it.  Dh is all but convinced that it's a rash of some kind, but the doctor and my mw say they are bites.  But where are the bugs?  Nowhere to be found and no one else has been bit at all!

 

So today we are transitioning ds to his own room.  I'm really nervous.  I'm worried that he'll have an emotional reaction and be clingier during the day.  I'm also worried that he will wake himself up by walking down the hall to get to us if he needs to pee or needs help resettling and if he's too awake won't allow dh to help him.  I'm also worried he will fall out off his bed a lot and wake himself up.  We will put the mattress on the floor, of course, so he won't hurt himself, but it could still be scary.  Lastly, we have asked dd if she wouldn't mind switching beds with ds so that he can  have her queen and she would have his twin.  That way if one of us has to sleep with ds for any length of time, there is room to do it.  But I wonder how dd will feel about having her bed demoted in size.  We played it up like it would be fun to have a different bed and she readily agreed to the switch, but you just never know... at bedtime she could revert suddenly and start crying about her bed.  Ugh.  Yet another moment where I wish ds was 6 months older.

I was just saying the other day that I have been sleeping pretty well, considering.  I have now slept <5 hours two nights in a row.  I jinxed myself.  Ugh.

 

 I hope musical-beds goes well for you Jaimee!  

 

ETA: have you tried some diatomaceous earth?  Whatever the bugs are, if they are bugs, sprinkling that around the mattress and carpet will keep them away.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

Careful, J! The sleep deprivation is what leads me to have bad days with crying meltdowns! lol


Ugh.  Luckily I usually do pretty well with it- my husband calls me a robot because I am used to no sleep (I have insomnia anyway) but I've just been sleeping so well, and today is one of those days where I wanted to be well-rested.  Of course, that never works out.  

 

post #904 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk21 View Post

 


Ugh.  Luckily I usually do pretty well with it- my husband calls me a robot because I am used to no sleep (I have insomnia anyway) but I've just been sleeping so well, and today is one of those days where I wanted to be well-rested.  Of course, that never works out.  

 



I used to be good with no sleep but my hormones have been so whacked that I NEED the sleep. lol

 

post #905 of 1015

Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only one with pets that are going INSANE as I approach my due date! My god! I'm going nuts with one of our cats. He won't stop aimlessly walking around the house meowing his head off for no reason. And now he's getting so frustrated seeming that I was making a smoothie in the kitchen and he sprinted in and jumped on the countertop! He NEVER jumps on counters! Oh great, I hear him running around sliding on our wood floors. And wtf... is he on the bathroom counter now?! I just heard him in there. It's like my cat is on crack! I hope once the baby comes and my hormones change he'll chill out a bit. He has really been a different animal while I've been pregnant... a completely inconsolable beast. irked.gif

 

On the bright side, I'm enjoying this smoothie I made. Jbk21 - was it you who said you make smoothies with peanut butter and chocolate milk of some sort? I just made a smoothie with banana, blueberries, strawberries, kale, chocolate almond milk, and peanut butter. Omg I could hug you (or whoever else mentioned it) right now for suggesting the use of peanut butter and chocolate milk. I could get used to this! Such a complete filling easy meal.

post #906 of 1015

Joanie, when I had my son, my mom had 3 dogs and 3 cats and I lived with her. All of her animals except one shy cat followed me around the house for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and when I woke up in labor, 2 of her dogs were sitting at the foot of my bed, watching me eagerly. lol

post #907 of 1015

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

Joanie, when I had my son, my mom had 3 dogs and 3 cats and I lived with her. All of her animals except one shy cat followed me around the house for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and when I woke up in labor, 2 of her dogs were sitting at the foot of my bed, watching me eagerly. lol


LOL! That's funny. Maybe my cat knows something I don't know... Labor soon?! haha

post #908 of 1015

Possibly. They just feel your hormones shift. Or maybe you give off a certain scent when you're this close and they know something is going to happen. I don't know. All I know is, it was hard not to trip on 5 animals when I couldn't see them because of my enormous stomach. lol.gif

post #909 of 1015

Yeah, my cat is lucky to be alive right now. Or me and my baby are still lucky to be alive, for that matter. The cat has run in front of me and nearly tripped me flat on my face at least a handful of times lately. LOL. But he always has been social, more like a dog than a cat in that regard, so it's not unusual for him to follow me around. I wish he'd pick up the pace and stop tripping me, though! lol.gif I think he's out to get the baby in utero. DH and I have joked about his jealousy issues but sadly I think they're the real deal!

post #910 of 1015

When my DD came, the 9 month old cat we had at the time got REALLY jealous and started peeing ALL over the house. Usually right under the baby swing, by the crib, once IN the crib and we had to throw away the sheet that was in there, and under the bassinet. I caught her squatting in the infant bath tub we had and threw a towel at her. We put up with a month of it and tried to get her to stop, but she was relentless and we had to put her up for adoption at a no-kill shelter. I called the shelter 2 months later and found that she was adopted two weeks after I took her there. I'm glad she went to a home, but still sad that she had to go. She'd been so sweet and loved sleeping on my DH's chest.

post #911 of 1015

Oh wow. blush.gif I sure hope our cats adjust okay! Yikes!

post #912 of 1015

It usually depends on the age. I think at the age our cat was, it was harder on her. My mom's cats all LOVED me, but were adult cats and didn't get jealous to the point of urinating all over.

post #913 of 1015

My cats adjusted to my DD just fine.  One of them ended up loving to sleep with her whenever I put her down..  :)

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4021549574/

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4155325331/
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Oh wow. blush.gif I sure hope our cats adjust okay! Yikes!



 

post #914 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

My cats adjusted to my DD just fine.  One of them ended up loving to sleep with her whenever I put her down..  :)

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4021549574/

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4155325331/
 



 



Aww! That is so cute! And what a beautiful cat!

 

post #915 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only one with pets that are going INSANE as I approach my due date! My god! I'm going nuts with one of our cats. He won't stop aimlessly walking around the house meowing his head off for no reason. And now he's getting so frustrated seeming that I was making a smoothie in the kitchen and he sprinted in and jumped on the countertop! He NEVER jumps on counters! Oh great, I hear him running around sliding on our wood floors. And wtf... is he on the bathroom counter now?! I just heard him in there. It's like my cat is on crack! I hope once the baby comes and my hormones change he'll chill out a bit. He has really been a different animal while I've been pregnant... a completely inconsolable beast. irked.gif

 

On the bright side, I'm enjoying this smoothie I made. Jbk21 - was it you who said you make smoothies with peanut butter and chocolate milk of some sort? I just made a smoothie with banana, blueberries, strawberries, kale, chocolate almond milk, and peanut butter. Omg I could hug you (or whoever else mentioned it) right now for suggesting the use of peanut butter and chocolate milk. I could get used to this! Such a complete filling easy meal.

It was Katie that mentioned it, but I do the same thing :-) I just had a chocolate berry smoothie- no PB- this morning.  DELISH!

 


 

 

post #916 of 1015

Aww Abra, those are the cutest photos! I especially love the second one with the baby lying on the cat. lol.gif

post #917 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

My cats adjusted to my DD just fine.  One of them ended up loving to sleep with her whenever I put her down..  :)

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4021549574/

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrahartley/4155325331/
 



 


I love these photos! We had one of those cats too, when DS was born:

 

taz.jpg

 

 

I'm sure the cat we have now will be the same way. We got her when DS was 8 months old and they've grown up together. I can't believe the crap she takes from him (he is very affectionate and has trouble only petting when he wants to give her a hug). She's also been all over me lately and tries to groom me on a regular basis.

 

post #918 of 1015

Thanks.  The cat refused to get out of the bouncy seat, so I set the baby on top of her.  She still didn't move for a long while..  She really isn't an affectionate cat either, just really liked to snuggle with the baby.  :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Aww Abra, those are the cutest photos! I especially love the second one with the baby lying on the cat. lol.gif



My DH and my dad just took both of the kids out for several hours to run errands.  I'm all alone for at least 3 hours!!  I think I'll take a nap.  :)

post #919 of 1015

Do you have a barfing emoticon?  We need one.  I swear to sweet baby Jesus himself I cannot throw up any more.  No, this is not some new labor-is-on-the-horizon thing.  Its been like this my whole pregnancy.  I'm surprised I still have my teeth. 

post #920 of 1015

Oh no, Ashley! I'm so sorry! I hope you can get some sort of relief soon and that baby isn't effected by it. hug2.gif

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › October Chit Chat