Help! I'm worried if this is a serious electrical problem and a safety issue in our home or not? Does anyone know about this? Sometimes when we plug an electrical appliance into the electrical outlet in the wall or extension cord, it makes a loud crackle noise and sparks bright blue-ish for a split second going in. What does this mean? It's an apartment block if that makes any difference here...?
Plug sockets sparking when any appliance is plugged in!
Every outlet or just one? If it were just one, I'd say it's easy enough to get it replaced. If it's the whole building and it's rented there's not much you can do but move when you get the chance. Occasional sparks are normal, I get them when I plug in the vacuum sometimes, but noticable ones with loud sounds happening fairly often can mean faulty wiring and risk of electrical fires.
Please call an electrician in to have them take a look. It may be fairly benign, but it may well be faulty wiring and that is a HUGE risk.
We lost our home to an electrical fire a few years ago- blessedly, it started about a half hour after we left the home. If it had started during the middle of the night, we would not have all gotten out. Electrical fires spread SO fast...