I was seeing an ob-gyn until 18 weeks...she turned out to be rude and condescending. So I found a midwife a couple weeks ago whom I liked, but she didn't take payment plans, the insurance only half covered her, and we'd have to come up with $1500 in 11 weeks...NOT happening. So we found another midwife whom I like even better, and tho the insurance doesn't cover her at all, she takes payment plans. Told her everything up-front. First appointment is supposed to be tonight...but now she says she wants to wait and do more research to see if I can have a homebirth while having Thal beta minor. So I googled it and apparently Thal beta minor patients can have homebirths (found a thread here on Mothering.com even), just that there *may* be a higher risk for hemorrhaging (which apparently was remedied by a shot of pitocin).
I'm just so frustrated because right now it seems NOTHING is working out for me. I also wanted a birthing center birth, and there's no birthing centers in OK.
I'm probably overreacting because I'll give her copies of my labs and she can research it for herself and it will probably be fine as long as we all are educated on the risks...I'm just so frustrated right now!! (plus running on 5 hrs of sleep, not a good idea for someone who is anemic.)