We are supposed to leave next Wed for a 6 day trip across the state. It's a 400 mile all day drive because of the rural roads. DH is supposed to work up there Thursday a couple of exits away from our hotel, I will have to drop him off and pick him up. I have a work related conference all day Friday. DH has to work another 6 hours on Saturday and then the rest of the that day and Sunday is family time. Monday is driving back. I'm starting to think this is going to be impossible to pull off.
Dominic is better then he used to be, he isn't screaming for hours and hours but there is still a fair amount of crying involved. He had been doing better then this but for the past 10 days or so has been worse again. He screams most of the time in the car but then again DH is never with me so with me in the back it should help some. He screamed for an hour straight last night at dinner and then has random periods through out the day where he cries for 10 minutes and then stops, maybe 4-6 of those usually and that is just when I'm holding him, I'm not including the car.
He can come with me to the conference , but he has to be quiet. Quiet, in-arms, nursing babies are welcome, benefit of working in lactation! It isn't mandatory for my job. I do need the continuing education hours offered and it is rare to be able to get them. We have to stay 20 miles from the conference because we are a family of 6, 2 B suites under $200.00 a night aren't exactly easy to find and are located no where near where it will be held. I'd have to be there before 8am, not exactly fun since DH and the other 3 kids have to drop me off and then come get me at 5.
I know my way around and I'll be fine while DH is working. I've got lots of places to take the kids, natural history museum, children's museum... Sunday I was wanting to take the kids to the zoo and a corn maze. Dh still has to go and work if I back out. When he was screaming last night and I was up at 4am with him screaming for just 5 minutes, I was thinking that isn't going to work in a huge hotel. DH and DD1 are going back in another 4 weeks but the rest of us can not go then because she has a 2 day dance convention in a non convenient part of town (like my conference!) and she has to stay at a certain hotel for ease of breaks during the convention and we can't all stay there. He is just going to drive her up, and work while she dances if I can find a mom that will watch her during breaks.This trip was perfect because next week is a 4 day weekend off of school for the girls so we were only going to have to pull them out 2 days. She will miss another 2 days for the next trip and several more coming up this winter because of 2 dance competitions and then if she decides to compete at other resorts this winter besides our own (snowboarding team), then that is more.
I'm thinking I should just cancel, but I don't want to. Everything is arranged, pet caretaker, sitter has the week off, all kid's therapists. We only go up there once a year now, at the same time every year because my conference is always then. I missed last year because I drove all the way up, alone, with sick kids and then DH refused to watch them (he was already up there working) because they were all sick. He had some work disaster going on at the same time, as usual, there is ALWAYS a disaster. Hence the reason I really need my ed hours. We live very rurally, it is my once a year chance to go to a real mall, take the kids to a zoo, do all the city stuff that we don't have. If he just would stop screaming then this wouldn't be an issue.