Ahh, in that case StephandOwen, I'm with Izzybelly. From the pro con list, it seemed like you were leaning 40w1d, but it sounds like your heart is maybe leaning the other way. The good news is either is likely to be fine.
AFM, I am also having a dilemma, maybe someone has some advice?
My HMO gave me a due date of Oct 1, based on my LMP, but it didn't align with anything else-- both ultrasounds said that was too early, and I couldn't have conceived that early. Also, I have super long periods, once I had a 72 day cycle, so a 28 day cycle would be crazy for me. About 25 weeks along, I finally gave up on trying to be ok with my care under my HMO, found midwives and decided to do a homebirth. They looked at all the information and picked the date furthest out based the ultrasounds, Oct 11. The real date is probably in between somewhere. I am still using the HMO for all my labs and tests, because they are free, but I don't have a care provider there, I just get passed around to whoever has time. I haven't seen the same person twice. I haven't been to the HMO since their 36 weeks for my GBS test. Except for being GBS+, my pregnancy has been textbook, no issues at all. I think the HMO forgot I existed, which has been fine with me.
Since my little one isn't making her move, I need to make a decision. I'm coming up on 42 weeks for the HMO (Oct 15), and I haven't done an NST yet. The midwives will wants them starting at 41 weeks (Oct 18), but I feel like if I ask for an NST October 18, the HMO is just going to say I need to have the baby, period. I'd be fine with having a NST this week, since I think I'm probably getting close to the "real" 41 weeks but I will be putting myself back on the HMO's radar and subjecting myself to induction pressure (they definitely think the earlier the baby comes the better). I'm a worrier-- I could totally stand up for myself in the moment, but if someone said to me, "Why don't you care about your baby's health?" (like the doctor did when I said I was doing a homebirth), I would definitely go home and stew. I'm trying really hard to trust my body, it's often smarter than me, and has done the whole rest of this pregnancy thing perfectly.
The midwives don't care if I start NSTs early, they just won't ask me to do one until 41 weeks.
What would you do?
A. Call the HMO and schedule the NST tomorrow and just deal if they pressure
B. Wait and hope the kid comes, and if she doesn't, try to schedule it the 18th.
C. Wait and hope the kid comes, and find another way to do a NST if I need one the 18th
D. Some other option I'm not seeing