Yes, yes, of course our babies are the prize at the end of this race, but more and more I find myself thinking about all the little rewards waiting for me once this child is finally born. The simple, daily pleasures we take for granted until they're impossible.... So, here is my little list of things that are keeping me going...
After this baby is born....
- I will be able to wrap a bath towel around myself again
- Beer. Real beer.
- I will have the space to eat a full meal instead of eating 1/2 a meal and being starving an hour later
- I can roll over in bed again
- I can sit in a booth at a restaurant if I want, instead of having to request a table
- I can take a full breath and not have to stop halfway up the steps to pant like a 90 year old chain smoker
- I can wear my raincoat without getting soaked anyway - the belly provides a horizontal surface for the rain to hit and stretches the fabric which lets water through, leaving me sopping wet