or Connect
Mothering › Groups › December 2011 Birth Club › Discussions › Weight-Loss Thread!

Weight-Loss Thread! - Page 8

post #141 of 213

Jenny - I know you're not the size you'd like to be, but you are absolutely beautiful with some curves. =)

post #142 of 213

First goal- I want my freaking wedding set to fit. I know, it's a lot to ask a 200andsomething lb body to have a size 4 1/2 finger, but dammit!! I want to wear my diamonds!!

post #143 of 213

My engagement ring is a 4 1/2, too. I never got around to getting my wedding band (plain white gold) resized since the engagement ring held it on, so I can already wear it again (it's a 6). I miss my diamond and sapphires! I have a very unusual engagement ring.

post #144 of 213
Thread Starter 
my wedding ring was 4.5 too...i had to cut it off at the beginning of my second trimester greensad.gif
post #145 of 213

I was just thinking I want to try my wedding band on (my engagement ring needs a repair).

post #146 of 213
I've been wearing my wedding band since two weeks PP, but it's more snug than I'd like. I've never had a small ring size, though. I've had to wear men's gloves since I was a teenager... I think my wedding and engagement rings are size 8 or 9. 13 years later, and my hands are even bigger.
post #147 of 213

164 4 weeks pp

post #148 of 213

I'm hoping that monday if all my bleeding has stopped (it's been on and off for a week and a half) I'm going to start some light stretches and band exercises, then maybe the week after that start my less hard video, and if the weather is decent maybe a walk :) I can't wait until I can do something.

post #149 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

I've been wearing my wedding band since two weeks PP, but it's more snug than I'd like. I've never had a small ring size, though. I've had to wear men's gloves since I was a teenager... I think my wedding and engagement rings are size 8 or 9. 13 years later, and my hands are even bigger.


Mine too ;-)
 

 

post #150 of 213

9 weeks pp and 34 lbs down with 12 to go. 

post #151 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

9 weeks pp and 34 lbs down with 12 to go. 



WTG!!!

post #152 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfollower View Post

My engagement ring is a 4 1/2, too. I never got around to getting my wedding band (plain white gold) resized since the engagement ring held it on, so I can already wear it again (it's a 6). I miss my diamond and sapphires! I have a very unusual engagement ring.



My ring is ruby and diamonds :) I love that its different! 

 

---

 

I got my ring while preg so now its a little loose. 

post #153 of 213


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

9 weeks pp and 34 lbs down with 12 to go. 



We're close! 7 weeks PP, down 32, 16 to go to ultimate goal weight. ;)

post #154 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

We're close! 7 weeks PP, down 32, 16 to go to ultimate goal weight. ;)


Way to go ladies!  You are all doing great!

 

Walking has been going pretty well for me.  I'm not getting out as often as I would like between the weather and coordinating naps and visitors, but it's acceptable.  I've been walking between 1 and 1.5 miles just on the road.  Itching for a nice hike soon.  I'm feeling quite recovered from the birth, anemia-wise and mostly recovered in the pelvic floor area.  It feels strong, but sometimes it still hurts.  I'm not bleeding much anymore.

 

All in all, I feel like I'm on track to start run/walking next week.  But I'll decide after my 6 week visit.  I think I'll start some strengthening and yoga this week.  Still easy, but more than the light stretching I've been doing.

post #155 of 213

Pre-pregnancy weight was: 199lbs

I gained 35 lbs during my pregnancy

and today I am 202lbs.

post #156 of 213

 8 weeks pp.  down 25 lbs, 12 lbs to go! 

post #157 of 213

Ugh, I'm totally discouraged in this department. Winter is six weeks old now, but in the last three weeks, I'm only down two pounds. With 25 to go, I'm realizing this will be harder than I thought. Sigh...at least I'm mostly recovered now, so I can be more active. This week I did a four mile walk while wearing my 12 pound boy--that's got to be doing something, right?

post #158 of 213


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

WTG!!!

Thanks!
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

We're close! 7 weeks PP, down 32, 16 to go to ultimate goal weight. ;)


Yay!! I had no weight loss this week at 10 weeks pp but I'm waiting to start thinking about watching it.  I swear my scale gets stuck sometimes and then will take a huge jump downward when it couldn't possibly be accurate.   I know..... I sound like a pp lady in denial lol but I feel like I lost another pound this week. 

 

 

post #159 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Ugh, I'm totally discouraged in this department. Winter is six weeks old now, but in the last three weeks, I'm only down two pounds. With 25 to go, I'm realizing this will be harder than I thought. Sigh...at least I'm mostly recovered now, so I can be more active. This week I did a four mile walk while wearing my 12 pound boy--that's got to be doing something, right?


I went from 163 down to 143ish right away, and then I think by 3 weeks pp, I was 140... and then I just stopped, and had no progress at all for a while. She's 9.5 weeks right now, and I finally saw the scale drop another 2lbs. I'm trying to remind myself that my food choices have changed a lot, and I have not been active at all. Just this last week I've been trying to get out for walks and start that routine. If after say two weeks of regular walks, it hasn't dropped again, then I'll start worrying, but I'm trying to remind myself that my body is just trying to plan ahead and make sure I'm providing for her, so it doesn't want to drop too much too fast. 

post #160 of 213

I am finally about at my prepreg weight - finally saw the scale drop below 140.  Now I'd like to get back to my pre-prepreg weight (maybe 130...) My weight dropped really fast to 145 but took forever to drop any lower (would lose 2 lbs, gain 2lbs etc).

I'm watching my calories on myfitnesspal (thanks Amanda for the rec) and I'm running 3x a week and doing 30 day shred 3x a week.  I go back to work in 3 weeks so it is going to be a lot harder to work out then.

 

My babies will be 3 months in 3 days!  wow.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: December 2011 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › December 2011 Birth Club › Discussions › Weight-Loss Thread!