**Sensitive Content ** Loss Mentioned **
I have had spotting issues this whole pregnancy, I had an U/S at 6w5d and we saw the heartbeat. Wednesday I started spotting, and it was pretty much the same as it was at 6-7 weeks so I wrote it off. On Thursday I worked all day and it got a little heavier, so I called the OB's office that saw me 3 weeks ago and they couldn't get me in that day, but scheduled something today. They said it was up to me if I wanted to go in to L&D to get checked out if I felt I couldn't wait. We decided to go in.
L&D at our local hospital was pretty terrible. The resident I saw was horrible, and didn't have any bedside manor. After repeating the ultrasound 2x she decided that she was not seeing any heart tones just a gestational sack and what could have been a fetus at one point. They told me I could wait it out, take cytotec, or have a D&C. They gave me no other info so that I could make an informed decision so we decided to wait to talk to the OB in the AM.
After confirming with the OB today that it looked like baby stopped growing probably 2 weeks ago, we opted for the D&C since I still was not really bleeding, just light brown spotting. I was not comfortable with going home with cytotec and having to wait for it all to happen. I wanted it over with as fast as possible. I think that deep down I knew that this pregnancy was not going to be successful when the spotting started.
I had the D&C this evening and I am feeling ok physically. I don't know when/if I am going to feel OK to try again.
It was really nice getting to know you all, and I wish you all wonderful, happy, and healthy pregnancies.