Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!! It has been weeks I cannot sleep trying to decide whether to vaccinate or not.
My baby is almost 4 months old, she was born at 35 weeks and has not received any vaccines. I am breastfeeding.
My pediatrician is recommending the DTap-HIB-polio (Pediacel) and Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine (Prevnar 13).
I am really worried about the side effects and leaning towards not vaccinating but what worries me is that we will be travelling to the Dominican Republic in February. (My husband is from there). They recommend the Hep A and B for travelling there but I have decided not to do those.
Do the risks of vaccinating really outweigh the risks of not? How do I know? And if yes, does it change due to traveling to a developing country?
What do I do? and how can I feel good about my decision. I have researched and watched documentaries but there is information to support both sides.