Now this certainly is not an end all to be all, but it helps me when I get in one of those get out of my way and clean moods and I feel better, all in 3 hours.
1. Gather up ALL laundry, sort, start a load. My cycle is usually 35 minutes, so I can do a lot in between.
2. Go to kitchen, clean out all spoiled food, wipe down shelfs and doors, put all dishes in dishwasher, wiped down all counters and cabinets and any place you can reach. Wipe down appliances.
3. Put washed load of clothes into dryer or hang on line, start next load.
4. Gather up all trash through out the house. I use one big garbage bag.
5. Pick up all misplaced items, place in basket and leave near stairs or in a hallway. Just gather everything up.
6. Fold dried clothes, load next set of wet, start next load.
7. Living room/dining area. Wipe down all horizontal areas, windows/sills and straighten out furniture or soft goods.
8. Organize mail.
9. Fold, dry, load.
10. Bathroom(s) Put cleaner in toilet and swish around, let sit, spray down shower/bath, spray down counter and wipe down mirror, knobs on door, drawers fronts and light switches, Wipe down counter, shower/bath, scrub toilet and surrounding area.
11.Fold, dry, load.
12. Bedrooms- make beds if sheets/blankets not in washer/dryer, put away misc items, clothing, shoes, magazines, wipe down horizontal surfaces, fans blades, windows/sills.
13. Sweep then vacuum through whole house.
At this point, I have usually hit the big hot spots and I feel better about things. If it is cooler out, open windows and let fresh air in. I know some people have bigger/smaller homes and families, so get them involved. I find if I can get someone to help with either the laundry or trash pickup, I can move faster. : )
Hope this helps.