or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat! October 23--29....

Weekly Chat! October 23--29.... - Page 4

post #61 of 86

Yes, I got a pic and will post it in the ultrasound thread in just a few minutes! Baby was moving a little, mainly waving her arms and then she appeared to go to sleep. It was neat to see how different baby looked from my 6 week ultrasound. Like a real baby!! love.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnieThree View Post



Whooohoooo!!! This is awesome news!!! Did you get a good picture of the baby that you can post? Did you see the baby moving a lot? I am so happy for you:)



 


 

I have absolutely no idea who Dr. Amy is...but from what you gals are saying, I'm not missing out on much :-) 

 

post #62 of 86

Yay Meredith!

 

Personally, I'd rather we not make the group private. I believe in making rules that go with the majority, not the outliers, so unless we start having an epidemic of mis-quotes I'd rather we stay open for those who need us. The group is hard enough to find as it is, and I'd hate to scare someone off with an "application" process. Especially not because of some wacko like Dr Amy. Does anyone take her seriously anyway?

 

But, like anywhere on the internet, do remember to keep your personal privacy safe, and consider what you post before doing so.

 

In other news, I had my nuchal translucency today. There was nothing suspicious on it, and we should have the blood work next week. Got some neat new sonogram pics which I'll scan when I get home - saw arms and legs and even little fingers. And I'm pretty sure my baby had hiccups, s/he kept jumping every few seconds!

 

They also did a 3D sonogram but the little nugget was moving too much for it to really come out well.

post #63 of 86

I also don't think we should make it private.  I think that would just lend a false sense of security.  I mean, how are we supposed to screen people?  I don't want enough of my info out there to BE screened, so...

 

And, I agree, I'd like anyone to be able to find us and join in. 

post #64 of 86

I say if we are that interesting that people are coming to our group just to watch us talk about our babies then let them LOL I feel sad for them if they have nothing better to do!  If I wasn't having a baby this whole group would be boring to me!

post #65 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post

I say if we are that interesting that people are coming to our group just to watch us talk about our babies then let them LOL I feel sad for them if they have nothing better to do!  If I wasn't having a baby this whole group would be boring to me!



Yep, exactly! And who knows if someday something we post could be helpful to someone? I've searched old, past threads in mothering before to get answers to questions when I don't have the time/energy to start and maintain a new thread, and have gotten some super useful information even from other pregnancy/parenting forums just through general google searches.

 

 

I'm finding it REALLY weird that I don't need to be doing any planning or rushing around right now. I keep feeling like there's something baby-related i should be doing right now, something to make me stress, and finding it abnormal that i don't.

post #66 of 86

Name: Bonniejean

Weeks/Days along: 12w 1d

Appointments: Next appointment is an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, I wonder if it will be 3D?

Symptoms: Acne, weight gain, greasy hair, loosing all my hair (except on my face - nice), nausea is getting better week by week, exhaustion setting in.

Food: Eating all the time.

Exercise: Signing up for a prenatal water fitness class next week.

Body changes and other milestones: Belly has popped.

Thoughts: Sunday I felt awesome. Then I started feeling a little more nauseous each day. Today is the worst, not nearly as bad as it had been, but Sunday was such a nice break, it's tough to be feeling down again. At work on Monday we're having a Halloween Party and I'm going to dress up as an oven with a bun in it. That's how I'll break it to the rest of the office (my bosses and team already know).

post #67 of 86

Also, I just read through everyone's posts (I've been on vacation). Yay for so many happy ultrasounds and heartbeats and hiccups!

 

And who is Dr. Amy? Sounds scary.

post #68 of 86


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseed2012 View Post

Name: Bonniejean

Weeks/Days along: 12w 1d

Appointments: Next appointment is an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, I wonder if it will be 3D?

Symptoms: Acne, weight gain, greasy hair, loosing all my hair (except on my face - nice), nausea is getting better week by week, exhaustion setting in.

Food: Eating all the time.

Exercise: Signing up for a prenatal water fitness class next week.

Body changes and other milestones: Belly has popped.

Thoughts: Sunday I felt awesome. Then I started feeling a little more nauseous each day. Today is the worst, not nearly as bad as it had been, but Sunday was such a nice break, it's tough to be feeling down again. At work on Monday we're having a Halloween Party and I'm going to dress up as an oven with a bun in it. That's how I'll break it to the rest of the office (my bosses and team already know).

 

 Hi Poppyseed! I just reached 13 weeks and have been having a similar experience with my nausea. From 11 weeks on it started getting progressively better, but not it's actually getting worse in the afternoon. I'm good until around 3-4 and then just miserable until later at night. Just like you, I have good days and bad days.

 

LOVE your bun-in-the-oven costume idea!
 

 

post #69 of 86

I'm 12w 4d and my m/s has been getting worse again too.  Not so much nausea, but gagging.  The trash smelled really bad yesterday and made me gag.  I almost puked.  Now, even though we took the trash out, every time I open the pantry door I gag.  I think it's a mental issue at this point.  lol

post #70 of 86


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleMa View Post

I'm 12w 4d and my m/s has been getting worse again too.  Not so much nausea, but gagging.  The trash smelled really bad yesterday and made me gag.  I almost puked.  Now, even though we took the trash out, every time I open the pantry door I gag.  I think it's a mental issue at this point.  lol



That's discouraging :(  Mine has come back this week more than last week.. I don't get it!  Go away already!

post #71 of 86

I am just so tired.... :(

 

I loved seeing the u/s pics, I can visualize what our little babe looks like. I am tired, but excited. I have sewn 3 (almost 5) cloth diapers for this babe so far. Just fitted diapers. Figure I'll make some longies and wool covers and be good with that.

 

I just wish I could sleep soundly! Last night I got up 4 times to pee!!!! What the heck.

post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

I am just so tired.... :(

 

I loved seeing the u/s pics, I can visualize what our little babe looks like. I am tired, but excited. I have sewn 3 (almost 5) cloth diapers for this babe so far. Just fitted diapers. Figure I'll make some longies and wool covers and be good with that.

 

I just wish I could sleep soundly! Last night I got up 4 times to pee!!!! What the heck.

 

Can I just say that I am full of jealousy for those of you who sew? It's one of my goals and dreams, but I don't have a machine, nor the money or room for one now, but I will someday. It's something I can't wait to learn!

post #73 of 86

I feel... uh, fine. Yeah. No problems at all. So sorry for everyone feeling pukey and tired :( I'm so glad to be done with it. It wasn't that bad but even feeling marginally off is enough to throw off anyone's day, so I can't imagine how some people must be feeling right now.

 

I wish I could sew also. I can make smaller crafty things, and am capable of knitting though not very good at it (never do it, never finish anything I start, etc). I have tons of ideas. Considering the gender thing as well when we go for our U/S in December so if I do make things I'm not stuck with green and yellow. Not sure if I'll ever actually make anything though, I'm good at procrastination.

 

 

 

 

post #74 of 86


Huh, so I'm not the only one that isn't getting thick, luscious, pregnancy hair! I feel like mine has been falling out to which is odd because with my other pregnancies, my hair looked amazing. It was thick and shiny and great! Then after the birth a bunch fell out and then slowly grew back in. Geez, if I lose my hair now, I'll be totally bald when post-baby hair loss kicks in! shake.gif I've got acne, weight gain, and greasy hair too haha -- we have the exact same symptoms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseed2012 View Post

 

Symptoms: Acne, weight gain, greasy hair, loosing all my hair (except on my face - nice), nausea is getting better week by week, exhaustion setting in.

 



 

post #75 of 86

poppyseed - Dr Amy is this lady who runs a website and claims to be an OB. She likes to pick a alternative-parenting trend, find the biggest and craziest outliers, and then use them as an example while she rants somewhat incoherently about how everyone who considers that trend is a nutjob communist moron who will destroy America. She doesn't present well-researched points, she just sort of froths at the mouth for a bit.

 

I'm feeling really impatient today. I want a real bump, not just a fat roll! I want to feel the baby move! I want people to think I'm pregnant instead of just porking out!

 

Can we fast forward to the good parts already?

 

Also we're in the final negotiations for this house we're buying , and I am getting hardcore nesting instincts. I am all over decorating blogs like nothing you have ever seen. If all goes well, we'll close on December 15. Seems so far away!

post #76 of 86



Good luck with the house. I am addicted to pinterest for all my redecorating tips... have you tried it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM84 View Post

poppyseed - Dr Amy is this lady who runs a website and claims to be an OB. She likes to pick a alternative-parenting trend, find the biggest and craziest outliers, and then use them as an example while she rants somewhat incoherently about how everyone who considers that trend is a nutjob communist moron who will destroy America. She doesn't present well-researched points, she just sort of froths at the mouth for a bit.

 

I'm feeling really impatient today. I want a real bump, not just a fat roll! I want to feel the baby move! I want people to think I'm pregnant instead of just porking out!

 

Can we fast forward to the good parts already?

 

Also we're in the final negotiations for this house we're buying , and I am getting hardcore nesting instincts. I am all over decorating blogs like nothing you have ever seen. If all goes well, we'll close on December 15. Seems so far away!



 

post #77 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnieThree View Post



Good luck with the house. I am addicted to pinterest for all my redecorating tips... have you tried it??



 



I maybe have a serious pinterest problem. Even though it always glitches out on me I'm still obsessed with it. I don't want to link to it here, because it uses my real name and I'm very sensitive about where I make that available, but if anyone wants to be friends on Pinterest send me a private message!

post #78 of 86

Meredith - I'm hoping we get the post-baby hair revival! I'm also hoping my mustache goes away.

 

KM84 - I agree! Let's get to the good parts! Although I have to admit - sometimes, when I stop and look at my belly and think... there is a being in there that is going to be my child... that is pretty good.

 

Also, whenever I hear Mat Kearney's song "Hey Mama" I get really, really happy. It's just a great song and it talkin' to me, a mama! (even though it's has nothing to do with motherhood, I still dig it)

post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseed2012 View Post

Meredith - I'm hoping we get the post-baby hair revival! I'm also hoping my mustache goes away.

 

KM84 - I agree! Let's get to the good parts! Although I have to admit - sometimes, when I stop and look at my belly and think... there is a being in there that is going to be my child... that is pretty good.

 

Also, whenever I hear Mat Kearney's song "Hey Mama" I get really, really happy. It's just a great song and it talkin' to me, a mama! (even though it's has nothing to do with motherhood, I still dig it)



I hadn't heard that song, so I Googled it.  Love it!!  So cute.  :)

post #80 of 86



Same as KM84- If you wanna be pinterest friends- pm me and we can add eachother :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM84 View Post



I maybe have a serious pinterest problem. Even though it always glitches out on me I'm still obsessed with it. I don't want to link to it here, because it uses my real name and I'm very sensitive about where I make that available, but if anyone wants to be friends on Pinterest send me a private message!



 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat! October 23--29....