Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 10/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 128post #2541 of 275510/10/13 at 7:23pmpost #2542 of 275510/11/13 at 2:56ampost #2543 of 275510/12/13 at 12:09pmpost #2544 of 275510/14/13 at 10:57pm
Hey all :) Baby Beth arrived on Friday at 4pm weighing a tiny 3.1 kilograms (about 7 pounds) and in perfect health. We are so incredibly in love with her - the maternal instinct kicked in like crazy immediately and omg.. it's over whelming! Got hit by the 4 day blues today and just burst into tears every time I looked at her... so embarrassing! The hospital took some photos of her, which I planned on just having the free one... but when they showed me what they took I said "how much is it for all of them?" like a complete sucker, and spent $200 on the package LOL! I'm usually not so easily sucked in hahahaha! We went home on day 3 (yesterday) which felt a bit too soon, but I'm managing without pain relief and breast feeding is going well, so I guess they wanted my bed for the next happy mama. Here's a pic from the hospital in DH's hands... oh, I'm going to cry again.. LOL!! Hope you all are happy and well - I'll pop in soon with what happened when we got home... yep, there's a story!post #2545 of 275510/15/13 at 2:53ampost #2546 of 275510/15/13 at 4:22am
Oh, Suzie, Baby Beth looks so peaceful. So glad that she arrived safely and appears to be in good health.
AFM, joined the YMCA last night so DH and I can go swimming. I need to exercise more to keep my gestational diabetes in check. Hope the exercise works and I don't need insulin. Some of my aftermeal blood sugars have been high. My morning fasting blood sugar is always fine.post #2547 of 275510/15/13 at 4:48ampost #2548 of 275510/15/13 at 8:21ampost #2549 of 275510/15/13 at 9:16ampost #2550 of 275510/15/13 at 11:17ampost #2551 of 275510/15/13 at 12:47pmpost #2552 of 275510/15/13 at 1:29pmpost #2553 of 275510/15/13 at 2:41pmpost #2554 of 275510/15/13 at 2:59pmpost #2555 of 275510/16/13 at 2:36am
Guppy, so glad to hear that your littlest baby is home.
Sourire, I love to see your ticker move forward!
AFM, I think the exercise in the pool helped me yesterday. All my sugar levels were well under the goal, even my supper level where I went out to eat and had a wet burrito from a restaurant with a flour tortilla, rice, and refried beans - with avocado on the side. Since it isn't a chain restaurant, I had no idea how many carbs it had really, I am sure way more than 4 though. I won't push the envelope with every meal but last night was my dH's birthday and one wet burrito didn't seem like going over the top.post #2556 of 275510/16/13 at 12:18pmpost #2557 of 275510/16/13 at 1:42pmLilac - so glad you're getting your sugar levels under control.
Aura - feel free to share pictures anytime!
AFM - I was supposed to stop progesterone on Monday since I'm now past 10 weeks. I've been taking Crinone once every 12 hours. 5 hours after skipping my Monday morning dose I started bleeding so I freaked out and started taking the progesterone again. I tried to not panic but the bleeding continued on Tuesday and it was more than any of the spotting I've had so far this pregnancy and it was kind of a reddish brown as opposed to brown like all my other spotting. So Tuesday night I officially started panicking and this morning I called the fertility clinic and asked for an ultrasound. Well I just got back from the ultrasound and it was a huge relief. Baby is measuring 2 days ahead and I actually saw it move for the first time ever!!! It looked like it was doing a little dance and it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen! I don't think I fully realized until that moment that there is actually another live human being inside of me, it's just so insane to think about!
In other news I managed to get a spot in a birthing centre (they are very hard to get into here because there are way more women who want to get in then there are places for). So I have my first doctor's appointment next week and my first midwife appointment the week after, then I will choose which one to go with (by choose I mean that then I'll try to convince DH that I don't need a doctor to give birth). I got a tour of the birthing centre today and I'm in love with it.post #2558 of 275510/16/13 at 2:40pmpost #2559 of 275510/17/13 at 12:00pm
Hello Everyone!! I hope despite how quiet the board has been, that everyone is feeling and doing well!!
Sourire- Gosh, you have been having so many scares!! So happy you not only got the reassurance you need, but also that you got to see your lil' one moving about- so exciting!!
Lilac- glad to hear that the sugar is under control
Guppy- Yay!! The trio must be so happy to be back together again, and you and your hubby must be over the moon having all three home and healthy!!
Aura- 5 months already?! Wow, time really does fly! Can't wait to see pics of them!!post #2560 of 275510/17/13 at 1:59pm
Guppy - Congrats on getting your little girl home. I can't wait to see pictures of the three together! How are you managing mommyhood to three?
Sourire - wow, that sounds scary. Glad it all turned out well and you got to see the baby. What a relief. Are you going to stay on the progesterone a while longer?
AFM - not much going on. A little big and uncomfortable. I am sticking with the zero fat diet and I haven't had any more gallbladder attacks. But I really crave food that I can't eat. I wanted Taco Bell the other day soooo bad, and that isn't even something that I normally eat. Just a month and a half to go.
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Queer Conceptions March 31 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 38 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 45 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 51 minutes ago
- › Naturalist / Nudist Mamas! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Educational Materials? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › 5 yo ds and hurt feelings 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Debate This Quote 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › this is the worst news article so far. What do you think? 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild