Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 10/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 133post #2641 of 275211/22/13 at 9:25pmpost #2642 of 275211/23/13 at 10:10ampost #2643 of 275211/23/13 at 10:26ampost #2644 of 275211/23/13 at 11:06ampost #2645 of 275211/23/13 at 4:57pmpost #2646 of 275211/24/13 at 6:10ampost #2647 of 275211/24/13 at 6:58am
rcr, i've said it already, but i am SO happy for you. like wissa said, you beat it! you got your happy ending.
lilac, so soon! at a certain point your uterus will just evict them. hehe. A good friend of mine is now almost 42 weeks pregnant with no real signs of impending labor. I was glad my twins made their exit at 36 weeks. I could not be pregnant one second longer!post #2648 of 275211/24/13 at 11:33ampost #2649 of 275211/25/13 at 7:48ampost #2650 of 275211/26/13 at 11:33ampost #2651 of 275211/27/13 at 6:41ampost #2652 of 275211/27/13 at 10:48am
Well, the doctor I saw today just went up a notch higher on the "I wouldn't mind her being present for the birth." She didn't even suggest doing a cervical check today. She prefaced her comments with "I know you are trying to have these babies natural so we won't even worry about talking about induction, unless you want to." Yeah, no. I was afraid she would push it this week since I am 37 weeks tomorrow. She even said that my pregnancy has been for a former IVF client pregnant with twins, "boringly normal". Yeah, that is a good thing! My mom and 2 of my 3 sisters and a brother in law should be here by tonight with more coming tomorrow and still more on Friday. I will have fun with my family. My mom is all pumped for me to start labor and tell the whole world. I need to get her a little bit more calmed down since I don't intend to tell people until the babies are breathing air. We will see what happens.post #2653 of 275211/27/13 at 11:51am
Thanks all. It feels great. I waited so long, and she is amazing. Here is a photo. She is a sleepy little girl. 7 lbs 4 oz. She doesn't open her eyes much yet. BFing is going ok, but it was a rough start. It was easy with DS, but she had a hard time latching on and was really making my nipples hurt. I had some blisters because her latch was bad. We are working through it, and things are getting better every day.
The birth was about 7 hours. Overall it was WAY easier than DSs, which was 32. I think being at home helped a lot, since I was really stressed out about going to the hospital last time. I had a wonderful midwife. I spent lots of time in the birth pool, and gave birth in the pool. DH went to wake up DS right before the big moment, so he got to see it. He is totally in love with her and we haven't had any problems yet. I think it has helped that we have friends who have been keeping him busy so he hasn't noticed that I am spending so much time with baby and not him.
I don't want to post her name here, because it is unique and will totally identify me, but I don't mind you all knowing, so PM me and I will tell you.
despite the fact that she has no genetic link to me or DH, I think she looks a lot like me and a lot like DS when he was born.post #2654 of 275211/27/13 at 12:00pmpost #2655 of 275211/27/13 at 12:12pmpost #2656 of 275211/27/13 at 1:38pmpost #2657 of 275211/27/13 at 2:41pm
Awww, RCR she is perfect! And wow that she looks like your family and you didn't even know if she was going to be the same race! It's funny - my friend recently adopted and I keep thinking her baby looks so much like her and her husband. Did you have her latch evaluated by a LC? Aria had posterior tongue tie and a lot of people missed it. It was the 4th person who saw her who figured it out (and the others should have). It made nursing so painful and she really had a hard time transfering milk. Hopefully your troubles are just from her being small and sleepy. I still can't believe your miracle is here - it seems like just yesterday you were going to Vegas!
Cindypost #2658 of 275211/27/13 at 5:03pmpost #2659 of 275211/27/13 at 5:23pmpost #2660 of 275211/29/13 at 4:36pmHi everyone!! So, we had an incredible Thanksgiving- Our little girl arrived!! Weighing in at 5lbs 3oz and just so beautiful!! I am still in the hospital-we had a necessary induction on Wednesday after nst monitor had shown dips that then (14 hours later) turned into an emergency c-section. Thankfully, our pure bundle of joy came through it all like a champion and despite the head of nicu in the operating room waiting to whisk her away- she didn't need to go anywhere except to recovery with me!! I have been trying to post a pic, but I'm using a cell phone to do it and it doesn't seem to be working I'll try from my kindle later or just post when we're back home on Monday.
Hope everyone is still doing lovely and RCR, your lil one is just precious!
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Baby NAMES!!! 34 minutes ago
- › hoping to try VBA2C- HELP ME PLEASE 39 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 52 minutes ago
- › would you consider using online school? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › mthfr mutation and vaccines 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Autism Daily Newscast author is clueless about vaccine ingredients 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Babystuff: What to store and what to sell? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Nightmares about my mother, I need a good night's sleep 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo