No babies yet, but hopefully not tonight, since there is a major snow storm coming through - 2 to 4 inches of snow coming. Had belly clenchers all day, but no increase in intensity and no regularity to them either. One day at a time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 10/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on Today at 3:57 pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 135post #2681 of 276112/10/13 at 4:10pmpost #2682 of 276112/13/13 at 6:17pm
Hi Everyone!! Thank you for all the sweet words and the congratulations!! I hope everyone is continuing to do well!
Lilac- Like everyone else, I'm checking in to see how you're doing and if those babies are ready to enter the world yet :) Wow, you must have created such a lovely environment for them in there!! It looks like they took their due date a lot more serious than the rest of us!! Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they hold out till after the snow, and I hope you continue to feel good!! Such an exciting time!!
Guppy- That's great that they/you are getting help, advise, and activities for the trio- I can't even imagine the amount of work and energy it must take to give 3 babies all your love, attention, and energy.Their weight gain sounds great and seeing the smiles must be the best feeling in the world- I am sooo looking forward to that day! Whenever my lil one has a gassy or dream smile, I always get so excited and I love that it's a preview for the real deal! Loved the last pics of them, can't wait to see updated/smile ones!!
AFM- My lil girl literally eats around the clock and like clock work! She nurses every two hours and for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour! It's paid off though, we had her check up and she had gained 14 oz in just 1 week! Everything else in the check up went well too and she doesn't need to go back until January 31st. Despite the lack of sleep, I'm just so happy and am constantly just amazed that this dream of ours become a reality.
Edited by happyhopeful - 12/13/13 at 6:31pmpost #2683 of 276112/14/13 at 3:36pm
Still waiting. The doctor on Friday was like "you are 39 weeks pregnant with twins and gestational diabetes. Why haven't you had those babies?" Like I can make them come out all by myself! I really want labor to start spontaneously but on Monday I will be having an ultrasound and depending on the outcome, I think the doctors are going to push for an induction date. I am hoping that the babies decide to come before Monday morning. I don't want to be pushed into having to be induced. But I want my babies to be safe too.post #2684 of 276112/15/13 at 2:18pmpost #2685 of 276112/16/13 at 5:03ampost #2686 of 276112/16/13 at 6:03ampost #2687 of 276112/16/13 at 10:18ampost #2688 of 276112/16/13 at 10:30ampost #2689 of 276112/16/13 at 11:45am
Well, an induction is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 20 when I will be 40w1d. I was comfortable with that because I believe that I will go into labor before that. The Biophysical profile showed that the blood flow from the placentas was good, plenty of amniotic fluid, and the babies looked great. We did a non-stress test too and the heart beats were good - but I did not have any contractions during the 30 minutes I was on the monitor. On the way into the doctor I could hardly walk the baby's head was sitting in such a way to cause me serious pain and I was having strong contractions. Ultrasound estimate of the baby's weights was 6 pounds 14 oz for one and 6 pounds 12 oz for the other. The ultrasound tech said the babies are likely 7 pounds or so because the way the babies are laying it is hard to get a good picture of their bellies and heads which is a major part of the ultrasound estimate of their weights.
I need to call the chiropractor and see if I can get in and maybe loosen up the spot where the first head down baby is so he turns a little more, since he is facing to the right in my pelvis. I have done some stair climbing and ate some pineapple as well today.post #2690 of 276112/17/13 at 1:50pm
AFM, I went to the chiropractor today. It felt great to have my pelvis adjusted, then my back and neck adjusted. Then she flipped me over and massaged my belly for awhile and released the tension in the muscles surrounding my belly. I am hoping that this will put William, my presenting baby, into a good position to put pressure on my cervix and get labor going. Went shopping for an hour with my mom because I figured that walking will help jiggle the baby around. Now I am home sitting on my exercise ball. It does feel like the kicks are in different places than they were before so maybe this worked.post #2691 of 276112/17/13 at 6:16pmpost #2692 of 276112/18/13 at 5:09am
I am hoping they are ready to come out. I really thought last night that I was in early labor because all night long the contractions got stronger and stronger, but then I fell asleep and they didn't wake me up again. Ugh. It does feel like the kicks are in a different place than before, so I think the chiropractor adjustments did allow my babies to reposition themselves. Hopefully the first baby is in the best position possible to exit.post #2693 of 276112/18/13 at 12:11pmpost #2694 of 276112/18/13 at 1:56pmpost #2695 of 276112/19/13 at 7:33ampost #2696 of 276112/19/13 at 1:43pm
I just wanted to say hi. I haven't dropped by this thread in a while, and I see congrats are in order to Guppy, Suzie, rcr, and Happy. Congrats to all of you. All the IVF babies are beautiful.
My pregnancy is going well. MAT 21 and second trimester screen results are all negative. Baby does also does not have any Y chromosomes. The sick went away around 20 weeks and little girl has been moving up a storm since around 16 weeks (even though I have an anterior placenta AGAIN). I read that second babies move more because the uterus is bigger and cord is longer. She's definitely fulfilling that.
The strange thing about this pregnancy is that I am 39 yrs old and am not being treated as an "advanced maternal age" case in any way. I have only had an inititial appt u/s and a 20-week one since Ieft the RE. The midwife told me yesterday that they won't be doing any non-stress tests since I won't be 40 on my due date (my birthday is 5 days later), especially since the embryo is from when I was 36. Last time I had early bleeding so more early monitoring and then later monitoring for growth restriction. I was also with different midwives who had different policies. It's super awesome to finally be having a "normal" pregnancy. It's also ironic since last time I went with a super crunchy midwife practice and this time I'm with the practice that is supposed to be more medical which is not my experience thus far.post #2697 of 276112/20/13 at 10:31ampost #2698 of 276112/21/13 at 8:54ampost #2699 of 276112/21/13 at 12:29pmCongrats RCR & Happy on your beautiful babes!!! I can't remember if I said it before so I figured I'd say it again!!!
Sourire - yay for a good scan & congrats on a little girl!!!
Mayari - glad this pregnancy is going well for you & more on the "normal" side!!!! Hope all continues to go well!!!
Hi to everyone else!!! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas & happy holiday to all! Who knows when I might get back on so figured I should say it now!!!
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › pregnancy announcements 14 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 14 minutes ago
- › 2nd trimester- how are you feeling? 15 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Five Random things..... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Minecraft homeschool 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul
- › Is Your Child Ready to Read? A Checklist by Melanie Mayo